/10/ - Questionable Trust

Tristan's knees continued to tremble even though his hands and feet had already escaped from the suffocating shackles. Garret guided him out of the dark room. The two maintained their silence for what seemed like an eternity. Neither of them dared to broach the subject. Was it perhaps fear? Or perhaps uncertainty?

After Garret suggested bringing Tristan into their mansion, Tristan didn't voice even the slightest objection. He simply followed Garret's lead, even though he remained unsure of their intentions. The information laid out before him was overwhelming, and it would likely take days for him to fully process it.

Yet, despite their uncertainty, Tristan continued to follow the new acquaintance. He couldn't understand why he no longer felt any malice towards this person after learning of their possible connection.

They passed through the automatic gate, with Vytas and Jordan trailing behind. The two followed the brothers (or perhaps twins, as they were referred to) as they entered the Echevarria mansion.

Never once did it cross Tristan's mind that he would enter the lair of one of the wealthiest families in the country. He had heard of Enrique Echevarria and the illustrious accomplishments associated with that revered name. But he never imagined he would meet the distinguished figure in person. And not just a distinguished figure, but possibly... his father!

The entire area was encompassed by a dome-like structure. Garret explained that his father intentionally constructed the dome to filter sunlight and regulate humidity and temperature within the vicinity.

Beyond the gate lay a vast, well-maintained lawn. Genetically engineered plants adorned the concrete pathways, neatly trimmed for decoration.

The mansion ahead resembled a modern basilica, with pointed arches and towers adorned with advanced features. Such a design was rare for this era, particularly in the blue brackets. Enrique Echevarria seemed to have a fondness for European history and architecture, which served as inspiration for this edifice.

To the right of the mansion stood a glass pyramid, reminiscent of a smaller version of the Pyramide du Louvre in France. Marble cube sculptures adorned each corner, and two androids stood guard at the glass pyramid's main door.

"Interesting," Tristan thought.

Garret scanned his palm on a small black sensor near the main door, which opened slowly afterward. Yet, no one uttered a word, not even Vytas or Jordan. They all waited for the door to open wider.

Upon entering, Tristan was immediately greeted by a holoscreen, causing him to abruptly halt.

"Tristeve Natan Guevarra," the voice from the holoscreen announced, accompanied by a laser scanning Tristan's entire body, "Twenty-five. Red bracket nurse. Works at..."

The holoscreen vanished with a snap of Garret's fingers. "I apologize," Garret said with a sheepish grin. "It's programmed to scan everyone entering inside."

Tristan simply nodded, returning the smile in the same awkward manner. Both were still adjusting to the unusual situation, while Vytas and Jordan remained silent.

The living room was impeccably arranged. Two large white sofas, perpendicular to each other, defined the sala's space. A ceramic table adorned the center, with an abstract black sculpture resting atop it. On the wall hung two large paintings, the most prominent displays in the room.

"Is that...?" Tristan began, pointing to one of the framed artworks.

"Antonio de Pereda's Allegory of Vanity," Garret interjected. "My father acquired this when he was twenty-five. It's one of his prized possessions."