Chapter 4: Two Things I Know about Myself (So Far)

When I look back at the last few days and last night, I remember  what I said about knowing nothing about myself. I now know two things. I am the girlfriend of Charlie Young and the best friend of Olivia Waters. Click. Add to my mental notebook. Check.  My birthday's in two weeks. I turn 17! I'm so excited. I'm waiting for Charlie to call or text me. He finally does, about 5 miutes later. I read the text. It says,

Hey Baby. Sorry if I woke you. Are you free tonight? I have a surprise for you...
Charlie
I text back: Yeah, I'm free. I'll see you later. What do I need to wear?
He replies with: Olivia's coming over there to take you shopping.
I smile to myself and think, "I love my boyfriend."
Normally, I hate getting up on the weekend, but today I was happy about it. I get dressed in a long sleeved yellow dress and some silver sandals. I look amazing. I curl my hair and put it in a ponytail. Cute. I put on some makeup, but not too much. Just enough to look pretty. I walk downstairs and make myself some breakfast. After I eat the cute little heart shaped pancakes, I watch TV. Right in the middle of my favorite show, I hear a car pull up. I go to my window and look out. It's Olivia. I walk out to greet her. "Hey, you up?" she asks playfully. "Yeah, I guess. Just bored out of my mind." I reply. "So..." she begins and leaves me hanging, just to make me curious. "What?" I ask, and I roll my eyes and laugh. "We're getting you a nice outfit for tonight." she says. I was about to ask her what about tonight, but then I remembered the text from Charlie. "Ok. So, you're in on this?" I ask her suspiciously. "Yep." she says and giggles. "C'mon, sleepyhead!!" she says and walks to her car, her blonde curls bouncing behind her. On the way to the mall, she suddenly says,"Okay. So, I got a boyfriend!" she squeals excitedly. "OMG, who?" I ask. "Nathaniel Meyers, dumbass!! Haven't you heard?" she asks. "Ummm, actually, no." I reply. I message Hunter that I'm going to be out and ask him to tell dad. He replies: Yeah. I will, and have fun! Be safe. P.S. And I know you're going to be out tonight too, and so  does dad. ;)
I roll my eyes and laugh. "What is it?" asks Olivia. "Hunter." I reply with a smile and an eyeroll.

How do you guys like it so far? I promise, the good parts are coming soon. ~Em0068