19

"I can't believe you'd do this, Gem," Harry groans. "You're a downright awful sister."

"Hey," she says defensively. "I know you were thinking about doing this. Yeah, I can hear your thoughts, Styles. Twin Telepathy."

"But we're not twins," Harry says, confused.

"Get to work," Gemma says, stalking out of the room. "Matthew called the other day, he says he found two stars."

"Mum?" Harry calls out. "Gemma's acting really strange."

-

Harry and Marlee had practiced before, when Harry couldn't see. That had been easy. If they do that then they could totally beat Matthew's team. But really, how could you compete against your own nation?

The most they could do is place higher than them in their events. That can't be too hard, considering Matthew's amazing skills and routines.

"We can do this," Marlee says. "I didn't know we could ten minutes ago, but we can."

"You're right," Harry says, breathing a little fast. "We totally can. Totally."

-

If they were really going to beat Matthew, Harry had decided. They were going to need a new trainer.

Harry and Marlee had taken a trip down to a new place to find one, and they had in the first five minutes. They both knew he was the one at first-glance. He knew what he was doing.

Brett's at least one-hundred times better than Matt ever was, Harry had thought during their first training session.

Brett Sanders was a highly skilled Olympic trainer, and Harry had been told that one of his strengths was the pair skating. Marlee thought he had really great ideas, and he even let her put in her own thoughts. The three of them came up with perfect routines, and Brett wasn't afraid to play the girl's part when Marlee wasn't getting something right.

Brett's last team had done really well in their events, so everyone had faith in Brett that he'd lead them to victory.

The team all had faith in one another. The work was fun, and if they worked hard, they'd be ready for 2018 in no time.