22* - Bliss

I've been wanting to put out this chapter for a while, and you get to see a side of Mel you won't see very often in this story, I hope you enjoy.

***This chapter has strong sexual content and use of things like vibrators and 'strapless strapons', look it up if you're confused!

In conclusion, I love women.

Mel's POV.
2017.

"I did not!"

"I did not!"

I look around the table at Jesse laughing with a few of our other friends, a beer in his hand as he tries to tell the story of how he dropped a wrench onto a perfectly good and new windshield today.

Hence the word tries.

We came out tonight to celebrate an anniversary of his, one that would probably not normally be celebrated like it is right now.

His ex wife just died this morning, and he's sitting in a bar telling stories of times they accidentally hit each other with their cars.

Most people would be mourning the loss of their significant other, but not Jesse. He's only 35 and his ex was a few years older, but he never told us how she died, just that she kicked the bucket and lost their bet.

I think they were still friends deep down, which is why they never actually killed each other even though I'm sure they wanted to.

They were rivals with what businesses they owned and how they were competing with each other, him owning the shop and her owning the tattoo studio. Yet they always came in for something whether it was him fixing her car, or her tattooing literally any of us.

I've never seen someone hate their wife so much and it just reminds me not to get married, and never fall in love.

We started out with some appetizers and a few rounds of shots while people were still joining us, our group slowly getting larger and larger as time went on. We come to this bar almost every night, it's only a few streets over from our places and it's got pretty good food most times.

Pretty nice people too.

"Mel! Mel!" Jesse laughs when I look at him, taking a sip of my drink and raising an eyebrow while I wait for him to continue. "Tell them it wasn't my fault please!"

I shake my head and laugh with everyone, "I think you started drinking before we even opened today."

This earns a chorus of laughs from everyone around, and Jesse flips me off.

I munch on a few leftover chips from our nachos as people get up to play games of pool or darts, standing up and sitting back down again until I'm back beside Jesse.