16 Father and son

Beep "Sir, that will be a total of R550."

"Mhm "came a short reply before a card was handed over to the cashier.

"Here you are. I hope you come again," the cashier said, handing back the card. She watched the man lift up the groceries before walking out of the shop without looking back. "Mmg miss." Oh right, sorry," she said. Looking at handsome men will get me fired sooner or later. Their always so enchanting. "Good morning, mam," she said, smiling at the next customer in line
..

Ling Xiao walked towards  his car, ignoring all the looks he was receiving from the other shoppers. After a few years of getting the same looks, he was already used to it. Plus, with the fact that he was well built since he was in the military for 5 years now, he could already beat most of the males in the entertainment industry.

Getting in the front seat , Ling Xiao looked back at the groceries and gifts he had bought. Honestly, he wasn't exactly sure what to buy for his visit to his family. That's right. Instead of trying to create some sort of chance meeting and then a long process of getting to know each other, Ling Xiao had decided to just go straight to her house and introduce himself. As for the rest , it would come later. Not that he was against courting her from scratch, but the time just wasn't enough. There was only about five months left before the outbreak, and he did not have enough time for all that at this moment because he wasn't done preparing. If he had enough time, he would, but unluckily for him, he was only able to come back six months before the outbreak.

Looking at the groceries that contained almost all of Emilia's and Qin Lu's favorite foods and the gifts he had prepared, he couldn't help but feel that he was missing something. His plan was to talk to both mother and son, and then they could have dinner or something of the sort later on, but now he wasn't sure if that was a good idea.

"Aggg!" he groaned, combing his hair with his fingers. Never mind, let's just go with this. Starting the engine, Ling Xiao began driving to their house. While driving the house, Ling Xiao began rehearsing what he was going to say once he reached. The last thing he wanted was to get kicked out.

When he was about to arrive he noticed a toy store so he stopped the car, got off and ran towards the store. Ten minutes later, the man walked out with a brown bear. He did not know what to get little Qin, but he did know from his past life that the boy loved bears, so he bought the most bear looking soft teddy he could find in the store.

Placing the bear in the back seat, he began driving again. In about two minutes, he had arrived outside the house where his investigation had shown was Emilia's house. Taking a deep breath, Ling Xiao took the groceries and the bear in one hand before he got off the car and walked with steady steps to the front door. Lifting his one hand up to knock, his hand was met with air when the door suddenly swung open.

Before he could even get back to his senses, a soft milky voice rang out, shocking him out of his stupor

"Dad?!"
.....................

'What the hell did I just say. How am I going to explain this now. But what the hell is Dad doing here.' Qin Lu thought to himself.

A minute ago Qin Lu had heard the sound of a car parking outside, thinking that his mom was back with his grandma and grandpa, the young boy had excitedly ran to open the door but what came into view was not his mom nor a pair of elderly but a young powerful man. His dad.

If this were before, Qin Lu would not have made such a simple mistake of calling out to him the moment they met. His original plan was for them to slowly familiarize with each other first before they went back to the way it was . But it seems that after all these years of staying with his dad calling out to him, he had become second nature, and he couldn't stop himself from subconsciously doing so.