Night after night

Natasha waited until everyone was asleep, then tiptoed to her room. She didn't want anyone knowing her secret. The only person that she would let know was the one trying to get rid of it. Handcuffs. Natasha shut her door, dressing for bed and laying down. She laid there for hours until she couldn't take it. She grabbed the handcuffs underneath her pillow and handcuffed her left wrist to the bed. She sighed, closing her eyes and falling asleep. The natural feeling of her wrist being cuffed to the bed was relaxing to her.

Clint had set his timer to wake up around midnight. He always wanted to check on Natasha. Clint walked down the hallway in his boxers and a rob on, slowly opening Natasha's room door. He sighed when he saw her. The habit she can't break. Clint walked inside, shutting the door and quietly making his was over to her. He grabbed the key on the desk next to her bed and undid the cuffs. He sat the handcuffs and key on the desk, taking her left arm and laying it down next to her side.

Natasha opened her eyes, being a light sleeper, and looked over at him. "What are doing? You know I can't sleep other wise." She muttered out, grabbing the cuffs.

Clint held onto the cuffs, pulling them away from her. "Go to sleep." He said, looking down at her.

Natasha sighed, trying to relax. Hours passed and she still couldn't sleep. Her eyes popped open and looked at Clint. He was still awake. She covered her face with her hands, groaning. "I need them." She said, muffled from her hands.

Clint raised his brow, smiling. "Are you giving up? Let your hand rest up there. No cuffs though. We can take it easy." He nodded.

Natasha couldn't give up. She can't. She was trained to never give up. She let her hand rest above her head as she fell asleep slowly.

When morning came, everyone was out and about in the city, doing their regular things. Tony was downstairs working. Steve was out in town with Bruce, trying to understand everything new still. Thor was in Asgard doing God like things of course. But Clint was in his room. He wasn't working out, and doing stuff like that. Nat was still asleep. The two assassins were acting different from that night.

Year after year the same thing happened each night. Clint would set his alarm and try and help Natasha break the habit. It was getting better, but she was hooked.