Chaper 1

My name is katie brown.When my mother had died my father would always get drunk and hit me. When I would go to school the teacher would say why are you all Bruced up katie? "I said I fell"! She said if anything was going wrong at home I said I fell. She sent me to my desk and the Bruce's started to burn me, and I started to cry, everybody stared at me and laughed.

When I got out of school I did not ride the bus. My father said why are you late I did not respond. He said Why DID YOU COME LATE? He started to hit me and punch me I was bleeding and could not breath anymore. Until he stoped I ran up in my room and locked the door and started to cry.He went up to my room and said open the door I said "No". The next morning I ran out the door and my father didn't see me. When I was at school my teacher said the may you go to the principles office I said yes. The principle said that the teacher said I was all Bruced up and I said I fell. She said if anything went wrong I said nothing had happend.The principle sent me back to class and everyone was starring at me and the Bruce's and cuts were stinging. Then when I got home my father said are you now going to walk I said yes and went to my room. What I did in my room was cut my self in my legs and arms. I fell asleep. The next morning I skipped school and went to the park. When I went my father said why did you not go to school I said because I didn want to and he said you have been bad and hit me. I ran out the door and went to my neighbor's house I was knocking hard someone open the door he was behind me and the lady oped the door. My father said open it now. I said No leave me alone I told the lady if there was another door she said yes and I left to the park and this lady said are you OK I said no. The lady said come with me I said OK the lady gave me clothes and said you may take a shower I said thank you. This boy named mathew said who is she the grandma said this girl,Mathew asked me to the mall I said OK and we left and then ate. When I got home my dad was mad and said where were you I said somewhere. He was so furious. I could not have done anything. He started to hit me punch me and kick me. The next door neighbor's herd me yelling. They called the cops, When the cops came my dad was lying and the cops did bit do anything and left. I went to my room and locked the door right now I did not know what to do.