Confession Cliffhanger

(Last left off):

"Oh, sure! Why not walk together there?"

He smiled, his cheeks turning a light red.

"Yeah, let's walk there together."

It had been 15 minutes since they began walking. The silence between the two captains was the loudest it had ever been. Kuroo was sure that Bokuto could hear his heart pounding.

Kuroo glanced at Bokuto from time to time as Bokuto admired the scenery. 

"Walking with someone has never been so torturing. I walk with Kenma all the time, so why is this any different?"

As the store came into view, the pit in Kuroo's stomach grew larger. Bokuto glanced over, a smile forming.

"We're here, rooster head!"

"Yeah, yeah we are..." 

They pushed the doors open, waving to Ukai (Keishin) who was smoking at the front desk.

"Damn kids..."

Kuroo swatted at the air, coughing from the smoke. "Good afternoon to you too, Ukai." 

He dragged himself towards the separate sections in the store, Bokuto following behind him.

"What should we buy?" the owl like boy asked.

"Not sure..." 

"Confess now, Kuroo. Now or never.

He grabbed Bokuto by his wrist, bringing him to the back of the store. 

"Kuroo? There's nothing back here, unless you're planning to buy empty boxes." 

The air was heavy, Kuroo's heart pounding. A lump formed in his throat.

"Bokuto, I need to tell you something..."

And I'm leaving it here until the next part <3

Word count: 242 <--- probably not accurate