The Thin Man

Mono and Six continued on the roofs after seeing The Signal Tower. They climbed up a makeshift ladder into some higher roofs.

Six boosted Mono up onto a platform and Mono winded up a lever so Six could jump on a hangar and go across the gap. Once she was over, she held out a hand for Mono to grab when he jumped across.

He ran and jumped. He grabbed into Six's hand and she pulled him up. They continued up a ladder.

"Man, how many times have we done that?" Mono questioned.

"I don't know. I can't count" Six shrugged.

Six boosted Mono up to pull down another ladder. They climbed that one too. Once they were at the top they climbed up a pole.

They then went through a window. The window led into a room with a broken roof. They climbed through a hole in the wall and continued.

They hopped into the next room and the room started to cave in.

"Six! Run!" Mono yelled as he ran to the door across the room.

He pushed on the door and Six ran up and did the same. The door busted open. They tumbled into another room. They quickly recovered and continued running, but the cave in was too fast. Mono fell through the floor and blacked out.

Mono woke up scratched and bruised. His flashlight had fallen out of his coat and broke. He had a wooden plank on top of him. He pushed the plank off.

He looked around and saw Six under some rubble.

"Six!" He called.

He ran over to her and pulled her out from the rubble. She tumbled out and they fell over. They looked at each other for a long second.

"Are you alright?" Mono asked as he helped Six up.

"Yes. I think." Six replied, brushing herself off.

He grabbed her hand and they continued.

Six boosted Mono up and he opened the door. They entered a hallway with two open doors. The first one was just a room with toys in it. They continued to the next one.

A TV played in the distance with static. Mono walked into the room and the TV screeched a deafening noise.

Not this again.

He covered his ears and walked to the TV. He placed his hand on it and started to tune it. After several tries he entered it.

He was in the same place again. The hall with the door at the end.

Let's give this one more try

Mono got up and raced to the door. He ran as hard as he could. And he made it.

Mono opened the door and there was a tall, thin man sitting in a chair under purple light. The man stood up and Mono was pushed out of the TV. Mono jerked up to see Six beside him.

This couldn't be good. The Thin Man was on the screen, walking towards them.

"Mono! Get up! Let's go!" Six yelled at him.

Mono got up but didn't run. The Thin Man's hands pushed on the screen. It made a deafening noise and The Thin Man came through the screen. Six ran off and Mono ran right behind her.

Oh no. Oh no. What have I done? Was Six right? Should I have not opened that door?

They ran into the room as The Thin Man's footsteps echoed behind them. They went into the toy room and Six hid under the table while Mono hid under the bed.