Chapter 6: Parents

Boruto, Mitsuki, Minato, and Kushina were all racing towards the Uchiha District before they go to the scene of the chakra surge where the four mysterious figures were spotted. The others decided to wait outside and let Boruto get to Sarada.

The blond Uzumaki raced through the streets lit by lamps, too excited to mind the few people out that he bumped into. Once he reached the main compound, he ran faster and slid open the door with a slam. 

"Sarada!" he said, panting heavily but his smile and excitement were still evident on his face. "They're here, dattebasa!"

Sarada, who was sitting by the table and having dinner with her grandparents and uncle, stared at her team mate and friend with wide eyes. He nodded his head as if answering a question she never uttered to let her know that he was serious. She put down her bowl and chopsticks as she stood up, turning to her grandparents. "Grandma, Grandpa, I have to go. Our parents are here."

The two Uchihas looked at each other wearily. Mikoto was the one to speak. "Anata, you should go and see it for yourself. I'll stay behind and take care of Itachi-chan while you're gone."

The Uchiha head nodded, stood up and gave her his thanks. With one last glance to her waving figure, he turned to his future-granddaughter who was nearly out the door and they met up with the others.

Tonight, there was the chance he was going to meet his youngest son as an adult while his wife was still pregnant with him.

 He already thought of how he was going to handle this: calm and serious. Because how else was he supposed handle it?

Fugaku looked ahead. They were getting closer, and the figures were slowly coming into view and even if it's just by a little, his resolve on how he was going to react slipped just a bit. 

He ran faster. This was going to be a long night, he thought.

~

"Are we in the right year, teme?" Naruto asked, looking around the place. Nothing much has really changed. It was still the same Konoha.

"Hn."

"Ugh, it's been years and that stupid Uchiha vocabulary is still the same," grumbled the Seventh Hokage who was met with a fist to his head.

"Can you shut up for once?" Sakura said. "We still need to find the kids."

"U-um, guys?" Hinata called out, Byakugan activated as she assessed their surroundings. "We've got some t-trouble. We're completely surrounded by ANBU."

"Cha, isn't that a good thing? We can have them lead us to the Hokage. Maybe the kids are with him."

"Aw, so no fight, dattebayo?"

"No, you idiot!" For a Hokage, he was still an idiot that's for sure.

The ANBU were surprised, actually. For Shinobi with such power evident in their chakra, one would think that maybe they'd be a bit more menacing or something. It's obvious why they were so laid back even if they know they're surrounded. Just who were they?

"Hey, teme?"

"Hn?"

"Can you erase every single person's memory here once we go back?"

"Hn."

"Alright then, we're safe, dattebayo."

Just when they were about to go and find their children, it seems like they were already beaten to it when they heard footsteps running towards them and loud voices calling out to them.