Chapter 3

For a moment, it was just me. No other responsibilities, no ridiculous royal matters to attend to. Just myself. The trees danced around in the wind, their leaves nestling against each other, creating a relaxing, vibrant sound. Littering the forest floor in their autumn colours. I inhaled the scent of the wilderness, letting my arms explore the low hanging branches, twirling around their slender shape. This was me. I let my eyes turn back to the Castle, seemingly finding its way to cower behind the trees in the distance, the place was nothing but a bunch of lies.

 My mind wondered off into the past, going back to when it all went wrong. Claire. Her gorgeous brown hair was tangled in my memory, she was my best friend, I had known from the start something was up between her and Ares, from the moment he made his way into our life, things began to rapidly unfold. She has known I had some kind of attraction, perhaps that what influenced her to go after him, its clear now she was nothing but a bitch. I can still feel the betrayal I felt when she told me to stay away from him.

Something different reflected in her eyes, something I hadn't seen before, her face just inches away from mine. "Stay away from Ares." Her voice was deep, and serious. I was quite offended by her words, what the hell was her problem? I pushed her back, "What do you think you're going to do if I don't?" her face flushed with anger, I've never seen her this way before, and who was she to tell me to stay away from someone? "You think you have it all because you're a pretty princess." She gritted through her teeth, "But guess what, Ciara." her voice carried a tone of pettiness and venom. "I know your secret, you're not so perfect as what people make you out to be, and if you don't stay the fuck away from Ares, I'll tell everyone how-" I did not need to be reminded of my past mistakes, my hand covered her mouth as I sighed in defeat, "Okay. I'll stay away from him - but you will not get away with this." My hand fell from her mouth, I could see her pride covering her face, oh how I want to slap that look right off her smug face. "That's what I thought." I was left standing alone, feeling deeply hurt, I guess I didn't know her as well as I thought. 

I snapped a branch in anger at the memory, throwing it on the ground as I looked up to the swaying of the tree branches. My back gently rested against a tree, taking deep breaths to soothe myself, letting the sound of nature act as a lullaby. I wasn't lost. I knew this forest; it was the one place I could rely on, no heartbreaking memories attached, I kept my private life and this life separate, - though it didn't stop a certain someone from following. I knew exactly who it was when the sound of leaves underfoot crunched, "Couldn't stay away now, could you?" turning to stare into his eyes. Ares continued to approach. "And what would my meaning be if I didn't annoy you throughout the day?" I rolled my eyes to his response. "Well, you're obviously here for a reason, spill it." My response caused him to come closer, his face becoming close to mine, "Since when did I need a reason to visit my Princess?" His hot breath sent shivers down my spine. I remained locked in eye contact for a couple heartbeats before slowly letting my hands make their way up his chest and pushing him away. "Not so fast. Weren't you the one who said this was all an act?" I laughed at him. "Ouch." His hand dramatically covering his heart, acting offended, "You wound me." I folded my arms against my chest before pushing past him, making my way back up to the Castle.

"And where do you think you're going?" His voice called out after me, "Anywhere you're not." I shouted back in reply. My peace was soon ended when he appeared next to me, a huff escaping my lips. "You're never going to leave me alone, are you?" I asked, "Not a chance." He looked down at me, with a proud smile on his face I so wished I could slap off. I was at this point internally cursing myself for falling for his charm, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world but I wasn't about to let him know that, he'd never let me live it down. I can't believe this man has been in my life for 2 years, I say man but he has the literal personality of a child, but he can be somewhat mature when necessary. The Castle had already made its way back into view, as the trees began to clear. Ares was still by my side, we walked in a somewhat comfortable silence. 

-----

A/N

And now I've given up on writing for the night (I have gotten writers block for this chapter n calling it quits and moving onto chapter 4, eventually.) 

#WorldRecordForTimeToCreateAShortChapter:1 Week 

kayla slob on my knob.