━━ 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 ❞

CHAPTER THREE — SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE

ᵃᶠᵗᵉʳ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵉᵃᵗʰ ᵒᶠ ʰⁱˢ ʷⁱᶠᵉ, ˢᵃᵐ ᵇᵃˡᵈʷⁱⁿ ᵐᵒᵛᵉˢ ᵗᵒ ˢᵉᵃᵗᵗˡᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ʰⁱˢ ˢᵒⁿ, ʲᵒⁿᵃʰ. ʷʰᵉⁿ ʲᵒⁿᵃʰ ᶜᵃˡˡˢ ⁱⁿ ᵗᵒ ᵃ ᵗᵃˡᵏ‑ʳᵃᵈⁱᵒ ᵖʳᵒᵍʳᵃᵐ ᵗᵒ ᶠⁱⁿᵈ ᵃ ⁿᵉʷ ʷⁱᶠᵉ ᶠᵒʳ ʰⁱˢ ᶠᵃᵗʰᵉʳ, ˢᵃᵐ ᵍʳᵘᵈᵍⁱⁿᵍˡʸ ᵍᵉᵗˢ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ˡⁱⁿᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵈⁱˢᶜᵘˢˢ ʰⁱˢ ᶠᵉᵉˡⁱⁿᵍˢ. ᵃⁿⁿⁱᵉ ʳᵉᵉᵈ, ᵃ ʳᵉᵖᵒʳᵗᵉʳ ⁱⁿ ᵇᵃˡᵗⁱᵐᵒʳᵉ, ʰᵉᵃʳˢ ˢᵃᵐ ˢᵖᵉᵃᵏ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶠᵃˡˡˢ ᶠᵒʳ ʰⁱᵐ ᵉᵛᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰ ˢʰᵉ ⁱˢ ᵉⁿᵍᵃᵍᵉᵈ.

 ᵃⁿⁿⁱᵉ ʳᵉᵉᵈ, ᵃ ʳᵉᵖᵒʳᵗᵉʳ ⁱⁿ ᵇᵃˡᵗⁱᵐᵒʳᵉ, ʰᵉᵃʳˢ ˢᵃᵐ ˢᵖᵉᵃᵏ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶠᵃˡˡˢ ᶠᵒʳ ʰⁱᵐ ᵉᵛᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰ ˢʰᵉ ⁱˢ ᵉⁿᵍᵃᵍᵉᵈ

━━ ⋆ ╮IWAIZUMI CHECKED HIS WATCH, "I HAVE TO GO," HE SAID.

Oikawa looked up from his History homework and kept his mechanical pencil between the pages of his notebook before closing it. "Where?"

"Home. My mom wants my help with dinner." Iwaizumi looked away to avoid eye contact with Oikawa to hide the actuality that he was going to watch a movie with a girl. Oikawa raised an eyebrow, "Oh. Okay. Bye,"

And after Iwaizumi left the setter's room and left his house, he grabbed his jacket and keys and silently followed behind. He knew Iwaizumi was lying, he almost never, ever looked away while talking to anybody. And it only further proved his point when he saw the spiker take a right towards the third street instead of left which lead to the seventh street. Oikawa tip-toed noiselessly a handful of metres behind his best friend and followed him in every lane and street, only to follow him in the movie theatre they had been to two weeks ago— the one in which he had ditched him and disappeared.

He bought a ticket minutes after Iwaizumi did from the ticket window and sat twelve seats behind his best friend, who seemed like he was waiting for someone.

And someone did arrive. More specifically, a girl.

Oikawa ate his popcorn and watched them instead of the trailers that played.