Act I : The Ghost In The Rain

"Hey, do you know?" A female student whispered in her friend's ears, leaning over a little so as to make her umbrella touch her friend's umbrella, protecting the student's beautiful hair from the rain.

"Apparently, there's a ghost that haunts our school.. She comes out when it's raining, looking for people from the school without an umbrella..."

"Stop it!" The second girl whined. "You know I'm afraid of ghosts..."

The first girl giggled.

"Well, do I?" She grinned michiveously.

The two girls walked away, their voices soon blurred out as the rainfall intesified. Cece bit her lower lip and stared into the grey sky, waiting for the rain to stop.

"Sheesh... Why didn't I brought my umbrella?" Cece sighed, feeling mostly impatient, and oddly, a little nervous.

"No no no... It's just a gossip.." Cece shook her head, and began chanting to herself under her breath, softer than a mumble.

"She doesn't exist.. She doesn't exist.. She doesn't exist.. She doesn't--"

"Would you like an umbrella?"

A chill dashed down Cece's spine. Her neck froze. She thought it was just her imagination, but she couldn't turn her head. Cece had never felt that much scared.

Then, a chuckle echoed in Cece's head.

Without realising, Cece found herself facing the school entrance, when she was supposed to be facing the opposite way.

There, a indescribable being stood. She was neither ugly nor gorgeous. But that person's inexplicably eerie expression made Cece felt sheer cold on her skin, but weirdly, she felt an amiable aura from the person-- or rather, creature standing in front of her.

"You can borrow mine," the creature said, as she took of her parasol from her shoulders and gracefully handed it to Cece.

Cece watched the girl-like creature as Cece took the parasol hesitately. Her red, curly hair waved lazily to the cold rain breeze. The smile on her face did not disappear nor became wider. It stayed friendly and comforting, contrasting to what her existence itself was telling Cece.

"Huh?" A surge of confusion surfaced from the bottom of her heart. That creature's lips were moving, but Cece heard no sound.

A powerful gale blew by. Cece instinctively opened the parasol in her hand and tried to protect herself against the needles of rain water. She was surprised to find the worn-out umbrella to be sturdy enough to survive that momentary gust. But when the wind passed by, although the rain was still falling down, the creature had disappeared.

"I'll watch over you, until this eternal rain stops." The creature's voice echoed, leaving Cece feeling as if she was just dreaming.

Then, as if she was in a trance, Cece hid beneath the parasol and walked into the rain, heading straight to her home.

<< next : Act II >>