Act II : Who Are You?

They say, happiness escapes with every sigh. If this old saying is really true, it should not be possible for principal Yui to smile anymore for the rest of her lifetime.

She puts down the paper in her hand gingerly, averting her gaze from the small black series of alphabets to the translucent puffs of steam rising in front of her.

"It's going to get cold," Yui chuckled a little. Even though it was momentary, her heart felt a bit lighter. More weight was taken from her chest as the familiar taste of flowers and warmth entered her.

But the thoughts of a recent odd case soon made her lips tasted bitter again. Yui's smile was once more replaced with worry and restlessness.

Cece had been the fifth. Over a period of several months, hundreds of students reported seeing a suspicious individual. This individual seem to only appear in front of students when there is a heavy rain. Reports said that this 'person' is translucent. Furthermore, this individual often disappears in the blink of an eye. The creature have appeared too many times, and no one could say that it is just an illusion of the rain.

At first Yui thought it was funny. Nashitogeru is haunted? However five of her students have already interacted with this creature. Those five suffer the same symptoms : empty eyes, no emotion shown on their face, and they would patrol the school whenever they do not have any class. After several days, they would forget what had happened and how they had been acting. All these five students could say was :

"I felt sad and lonely, but there is a voice inside me, telling me that I would be okay.. That as long as I am in Nashitogeru... I'd be happy."

Another sigh. Yui frowned. She knew she had to do something. More students might suffer more than just a temporary change of personality and memory loss if this creature is not handled soon.

"For my students.. For Nashitogeru.." Yui stood up, both her hands on the table.

Even though her shoulders were burdened so much, Yui ignored it. She ignored her own fatique. She have to come up with a plan.

In order to protect the school she loves and its residents. In order to defend her most precious. In order to save this creature, whatever they might be.