Act VI : Do What You Must

"You again..?"

That made it the tenth time. The instinct that I believed in previously was nothing but the wind's lies now. I could not do anything about it. After all, it is not like I could just blame my instinct about meeting Yui rain after rain.

"What? What do you want from me?"

Yui did not say anything. She always did so after our encounter. What she did, was to look at me, as if she was trying to analyze the translucent being that always shows up in front of her.

However, there was always emotions in her eyes. Those that Idid not know about at all. Yui radiated those mysterious feelings at me too that day. But by the eight time we met, I had decided to ignore it.

"I'm tired," I muttered. The mental fatique melted down my cheeks, sliding down and joined the rain drops.

"Did you have fun? Just looking at me every time without doing anything.." I looked at her for a moment, trying to solve her feelings, when suddenly an answer was shoved into my face.

"Are you..?"

I chuckled. That was the answer. I was washed down with relief. The school had chosen the right Yui at the end.

"You're really a naive little girl.. But perhaps that pure heart of yours was the reason why you were chosen..." I mumbled to myself.

"Maybe," she smiled along, finally saying a word. "Though I don't think I would ever understand why I was chosen, no matter what reasons people suggest to me."

"But that is never important. What is important is to accept the past and step forward into the future that awaits us."

Yui gave me the pure look she showed me on our first encounter before. Her gaze was full of sincerity and innocence.

"Would you join us, Yui?"

All was silent. The rain became a drizzle, and would eventually come to a stop. But I was still there, though barely existing and already starting to fade away.

"If the school would forgive another rain.. Then I---"

--ENDING LIES IN NASHITO'S DECISION--