C H A P T E R 5

Elijah's POV

Cole gathers some courage and speaks, “I've found terrible news, Elijah and you may now not like it.”

“What is it?” I ask him, getting up from my chair immediately.

He gulps below his throat. Then, he closes his eyes and takes some deep breaths. After taking some breaths, he speaks.
“It's about those Russian Mafia and Avery.”

“What about them and Avery?” I ask curiously.

“What did those filthy Russians do again?” Lara says with a stern look.

“Elijah and Lara, simply hold your breaths until I inform you everything about this matter.”

“Don't kill us by our nervousness, Cole. Just fucking inform us.” I yell annoyingly.

“Theadora Petrova, female mafia leader of Russian Mafia has come to New York with her son Maxim Petrova-”

“And why the fuck these rats are coming here?” I ask angrily because Russian Mafia is our one of the most hated enemy. They are nothing, but simply a group of rats. My mother killed their preceding mafia leader, Dmiriti Petrova who was once the father of Theodora.

“Those Petrovas are here for Avery...” Cole says nervously, but deep down he is aware that this one thing of these rats coming to my USA has alone made me full of rage and anger.

“Why?” I ask slowly in a husky and bloodless voice.

“They are here to meet Avery's parents for a necessary contract which has stated that Avery Bennett needs to marry Maxim Petrova to strengthen their families bonding.” As Cole completes his talk, the rage and anger inner my thought seriously change themselves into a large and cumbersome heat, ache and agony.

Those rats choose my Avery only to entire their disgusting contract. I can sense that I will explode right now. I clench my fist and jaw. HOW. DARE. THEY!

“WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS MEAN? THIS WEDDING WOULD NEVER HAPPEN BETWEEN THAT RAT MAXIM AND AVERY!!! AVERY IS THE ONLY MINE.” I yell angrily enough to shake the total cabin.

“Calm down, brother. We can think of any solution.” Lara says, coming closer to me and then rubbing my arm gently to calm me down. I try to calm myself, but that anger and inflammation are burning inside me.

“How can I calm myself, Lara? Do you even know what does that mean? I've lost Avery one time. I don't want to lose her some other time.” I whine with each pain and anger in my body.

“Does she knows about this?” Lara asks, folding her palms on her chest.

“She doesn't know about this, but she will comprehend about this on a lunch with those Petrovas.” Then, I turn around to face Cole. “What do you know about this contract? Elaborate it.”

“10 years ago, Bennett Enterprises was going through a big monetary crisis. They needed some money from other companies to carry back the economy of their company. Then, their family friend, Theadora Petrova agreed to help them with a contract. That contract referred to that Avery needed to marry Theodora Petrova's son, Maxim when she turns 22. Sadly, Avery's father, Jacob accepted this deal. Now, The time has come.” As Cole completes his talk, a huge silence surrounds me.