Ramen

Credits: Cherry_Lover (AsianFanfics)

Soojin was making a double journey at her restaurant, cursing under her breath for the extra job she was having. Minnie, the waitress, had become ill so she left her assistants Yuqi and Miyeon taking care of the simplest and most usual dishes and was helping taking orders. It was a tiring job, but at the end of each day she felt her effort was worth it, her restaurant was her dream come true after many years of washing dishes and boss rants while she was a student.

Suddenlythe door opened and a snow-white girl entered the establishment, she seemed to be looking for something or someone.

-Hello, would you like to order something?

The girl looked at her in surprise, her big black eyes looked suspicious. She pointed at the menu on the wall.

-Ramen

-Ramen? For taking? You want something to drink? A juice, soda?

-Ramen.

-OK....

Soojin took the order to the kitchen.

- A ramen for taking.

-In a minute, boss.

She served other customers while paying attention to the ramen girl, her eyes roamed all over the place with curiosity, sometimes lingering on some dishes. Ramen for the trip! The girl went to the cashier, paid and left in a hurry. Soyeon, cashier girl, noticed that Soojin followed the ramen girl with eyes and said:

- That's the weird ramen girl.

-Weird ramen girl?

- She comes here every day and asks for ramen, doesn't say anything and leaves.

Soojin continued to serve the customers that showed up, but those bright eyes stayed in her memory for the rest of the day.

Next day, another busy day without Minnie, Soojin was seriously considering hiring another attendant but didn't know if she could afford it. So the only option was to hope for Minnie to show up soon. She was distracted cleaning a table when she felt someone touch her arm. The ramen girl kept looking at her with those expressive eyes, a little nervous too, with red cheeks.

- Hi! What will you want today?

-Ramen.

- Are you sure? I made a delicious fried chicken today.

- Ramen.

-Ok.... I'll prepare the order for you.

Soojin went to the kitchen and asked Miyeon to prepare the ramen.

- Is it the ramen girl? I want to see how she looks like.

Miyeon stuck her face out of the kitchen, trying to see the girl.

- MIYEON, CAN'T YOU BE DISCREET?

-Please, Soojin, I just wanted to see who she was, she's really beautiful..for a crazy person.

-Miyeon, the ramen!

Soojin watched the girl while serving the other customers. She seemed anxious but at the same time curious, looking at the various dishes that arrived at the tables. She decided to approach but before she could go, Soyeon announced her order and the girl ran to the cashier, paying her order and leaving the restaurant in a hurry.

- What the...?

Soojin shook her head, she had other things to worry about, even though those eyes didn't leave her memory.