𝐠𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐬

𝕙𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕜𝕒

Your partner had finally told you he was coming home from a mission. You had a present for him for a little bit for his birthday but you haven't seen him since the end of May.

"Hello~♡︎" Hisoka sang out as he opened the door.

"Hey!" you respond, running up to him and giving him a big hug.

"Miss me?◇" his brow furrowed at the strength of the hug and your smile.

"Mhm!" You didn't let go for a while. "I hope you're hungry, I'm making dinner!"

"Good timing for me then, huh?" He smiles as he follows you into the kitchen. "it smells amazing, dear, how long will it be?♡︎"

His arms wrapped around your waist, snuggling his head into your neck. "I would say a few more minutes, oh! I have something to give you after."

"oh I know~♡︎" his smile turns into a smirk.

Unfortunately for him, you shut down his idea before he can even blink. "Not what I meant."

"Oh? Well, what is it?♧︎"

"If I tell you, it won't be a surprise, now would it?" His response was an annoyed and defeated sigh.

A few moments later, he got off you to get cleaned up while you got the table ready. You asked questions about the mission as you both ate. Sadly, he wouldn't say much specifics though the jester said it was uneventful for him.

"I'll be back." You abruptly walked from the bored tension and went to get the small jewelry box from your nightstand. "I didn't see you on your birthday, so I held it for when you got back." You said, handing the box to the man across from you.

You anticipate his reaction as he pulls the ribbon off the box. The tip of a golden heart peaked through, his eyes widen. "These are pure gold, isn't it?"

"It is! Do you like them?"

"Why, of course, I do. I just never got such a nice present before. I don't know what to say." His voice littles to a borderline mute, allowing his rambling while not being too vulnerable.

"You don't need to say anything, really. I'm okay with this stunned look you got going on." I tease and watch him turn away in embarrassment.

Chrollo

I went to the abandoned area to dig up bones. Yet, I ended up with anything but what I was looking for. It was not a complete waste though, there a good amount of books, machines, and all different items from the ancient times we haven't seen before.

I was so happy when I was told I was allowed to keep a few. These few books are going to a friend that I just know will appreciate their value, Mr. Chrollo Lucilfer.

It was perfect timing too since he got into the city a few days ago. I dialed his number. "Hello?"

"Hey, I saw you came to the city. Do you want to meet up?"

"Of course, when and where?"

. . .

I get ready for my little date with my old friend by putting on my best clothes. I picked out a formal restaurant for the occasion too.

"I'll cut to the chase...I want you to have this. I found it and thought of you."

His eyes sparkle with joy. "...W-wow, this is amazing, darling. I got you something as well."

I was kind of surprised, not because he never got me gifts, but I wasn't expecting anything. A small golden box was placed on the covered table.

I picked it up and opened it to see a black spider necklace with a ruby in the center. "This is so beautiful, thank you, Chrollo."