A new beginning.....

I could hear my own breath as I kept breathing slowly.  "She's gaining consciousness " I heard someone say so. With my eyes still closed , I struggle to open them. "I need water" was the first thing I asked for and quickly I was given water to drink. Although my vision wasn't quite clear I could still see some blurry images and immediately I felt so weak and I lost consciousness again. "She's still weak and hasn't fully recover, let's give her sometime off and I think we should be expecting this for now " said another voice before I finally went into a deep sleep.

I finally woke up only to see a young man sitting beside me with his head bowed. Surprised and confused I looked around and asked "where am I ?" Lifting his head and finally facing me  "you're awake ?" I went ahead to ask him the same question "Where am I ?"

"It's a long story , you were involved in a bomb explosion and we had to bring you to the hospital for immediate medical help".

" Bomb explosion???" I started crying as I  remember all that happened that fateful day.  I remembered how my body got burnt and the pains  but wait my 'body' quickly I started checking my skin  thankfully the burnt on my skin wasn't severe but then my face , I felt my face "why are there plasters on my face?" I asked panicking.

"Calm down Anne , thankfully the burnts on your skin aren't severe but your face was badly damage but it can be corrected through plastic surgery by giving you back your exact face."

I couldn't even say a word again , I just couldn't muster up that courage. My life was already in disarray and yet another one . Not only will I Iose my job but i will never get married, no one will ever want to be in any entanglement with me but wait a  minute, did he just called me 'Anne?'

am I being mistaken for Anne?

"Did you just call me Anne ?" I asked.

" Yes, I did. Don't you remember your name again? "

" Sorry, but I'm not -"
Just when I was about to reveal the truth ,the doctor came and interrupted us.

"Scott , we need to talk in private."

"Ok doc, I will be right behind you".

"Ok."

"I will be right back sweetheart". He said and existed the ward.

He called me his sweetheart, if only he knew I wasn't his beloved wife and  I only worry about Anne, I don't even know if she's alive or not, please be alive so we can clear up this mess.

"Scott, we need to need to carry out the plastic surgery on your wife as soon as possible."

"No problem doc, whenever you're ready, we're ready. I would like to ask you something doc and I hope you don't mind."

"Sure, go ahead."

" Is it possible that my wife might be experiencing some memory loss because some minutes ago I called her by her name and she asked me if I'd called her by her name in a manner as if it wasn't her name."

" It could be possible but with time she'll  regain her memory fully."

"Ok doc, thank you so much."