04

CHAPTER FOUR ;
WIFE

I walked down the tranquil little alley way with my umbrella placed on my shoulder, shielding me from the heavy rain

I walked slower when I saw the quaint looking café that blended in with the other various shops on the side.

Mina wanted to drag me there the moment I stepped outside of school but I dismissed her so I could get out of my uniform resulting in them all making their way together without me.

My socks were soggy making a squelching sound everytime I took a step, making me cringe internally. I stepped inside the quiet café looking like a drowned rat that just crawled out of the drain.

'how embarrassing' I groaned silently.

I heard a bubbly voice in the far corner of the café and made my way to it knowing who the voice belonged to.

"OH MY GOSH KOCHO ACTUALLY SHOWED UP!" Mina's pleasantly abnoxious voice pretty much shouted towards me making the other girls look to me with kind smiles.

I kept my smile and subtly waved, trying not to be awkward for once only to realise I had been standing there for atleast 2 minutes whilst my classmates were gesturing me to come over continuously.

I made my way over to the large booth swallowing my embarrassment and burying deep within my soul so I could wollow over it later and regret my actions.

Mina got up and pushed me enthusiasticly next to the tall, black haired girl that I hadn't spoke to yet. She then sat next to me, affectively locking me in between both of them.

"Greetings Kocho, it's a pleasure to finally talk to you" the tall girl to my left said, "I'm Momo Yaoyorozu as you might know".

I nodded in acknowledgement and offered her a friendly smile in which she returned.

"Not much of a talker, are you?" I looked to a short purple haired girl with earphone jacks on the ends of her ears, "neither am I to be completely honest, I'm Kyouka Jirou by the way"

I nodded in acknowledgement, thankful she knows that I, in fact, do not enjoy talking that much.

"You're the one that ignored that mean blonde guy right?" I looked to the bubbly voice (similar to Mina's) only to be met with just a bunch of clothes and nothing else.

'A ghost?' I tilted my head in confusion

The floating clothes giggled, "I'm Toru Hagakure, my quirk is invisibility if you can't tell!" I opened my mouth saying a silent 'o' in understanding.

I looked to the next in line and saw the familiar brown haired girl who talked to Midoriya earlier today

"Hello Kocho, I believe we met before but in case you forgot, I'm Ochaco Uraraka!" I waved awkwardly with a warm smile whilst she clappes in delight

I looked to the last girl who was had big eyes and lush green hair that reached her waist

"Hello ribbit, I'm Tsuyu Asui it's nice to meet you ribbit" she replied whilst she stared at me with a wide smile.

The pink girl next to me looked like she was about to explode so I looked to her to see what she had to say

"And I'm Mina Ashido!" I deadpanned at her introduction which she had made almost 3 times during school time, "Why don't you introduce yourself and tell us about you?"

I flipped my coin

Heads

"I'm Kocho Y/N and I want to be a hero" I replied with nothing interesting on purpose.

"We already know that though!" Mina and Hagakure whined simultaneously.

"Now that I think about it, the name 'Kocho' rings a bell" Momo held her index finger to her chin before her eyes lit up, "Are you related to the butterfly heroes by any chance?"

I flipped my coin again

Tails

I frowned at the result of not being able to give a proper respone and just slightly nodded.

"Wow really?" Uraraka clapped her hands again whilst I nodded, "I thought that hairclip looked familiar!"

I flipped my coin again

Heads

"I'm not blood related, I'm adopted" I vaguely explained, deliberately missing the more gruesome details.

"That doesn't make it any less cool" Jirou's nonchalant voice said.

"I'm such a big fan of your sisters! Why didn't you tell me earlier you traitor!" Mina explained dramatically with her hand on her head. I just sat there smiling at their compliments.

The waitress shortly after came over to us and took our order and I told Momo what I wanted since I didn't know whether my coin would allow me to answer the waitress.

I ordered a simple mint tea to refresh myself whilst everyone, except Momo and I, ordered coffee. Not to mention Mina ordering the strongest one off the menu

'no wonder she's always practically bouncing off the walls, she ordered a strong coffee and added 5 sugar cubes to it as well'

I sweatdropped at the sight of her chugging the now dangerous concoction like it was water.

The rest of the evening was spent with random conversations being exchanged between us all with the exception of me staying silent but listening nonetheless.

"So this means we're all girlfriend now right?". I nearly choked on my 2nd cup of lukewarm tea at Mina's seemingly innocent request.

I never really understood the concept of love and relationships, but that didn't mean I was dense enough to not know what a girlfriend was.

The girls agreed with enthusiastic voice when I saw Mina's head snap towards me her eyes wide with delight.

She swung her arm around my shoulder abruptly nearly sending me into the table in front of me

"Well then my dear girlfriends I do hope you enjoyed this date I so humbly set up" she feigned a posh accent, "though Kocho Isn't my girlfriend" I tilted my head confused.

'does she not want to be friends or something?' I sulked slightly

"She's my one and only wife" Mina threw up some peace signs whilst she tightened her grip around my shoulders slightly.

I felt blood rushing to my cheeks slightly

'I'M NOT READY TO BE A WIFE YET'

-

Behold another chapter besties 😩
Sorry if it's boring but I want to develop friendships before you know what ;)) but I want to keep the love interests as surprises!

Hope you enjoyed :D