13 retpahC

Ford's POV

Dipper's powers were incredible, especially considering the short amount of time he's had them. Teleportation, pyrokinesis, telekinesis, levitation, and the list goes on. The only things we didn't test were deal making and the ones involving dreams.

"Maybe we can test the dream related ones tonight," Dipper said, helping me review my notes.

"That would work for most people, but I still have the metal plate in my head." I knocked on my skull and a clang was heard, illustrating my point.

Dipper was silent for a few seconds before saying, "What if we make a deal? I can go in your head and use my powers, but I can't cause any damage or look through your memories without your permission. Does that sound good to you?"

I was reluctant to take the deal due to my experience with Bill, but I trusted Dipper. There also didn't seem to be any loopholes that would be useful to him. "Yes, it does. We can also use this to take some more notes as well."

Dipper held out his hand, which burst into sapphire flames. I shook it and took note of how cold the flames were. Bill's were much warmer. Once we finished sealing  the deal I quickly wrote down my observation about the temperature.

"My flames are colder than Bill's? I wonder why?"

I closed my notebook and put it back in my coat. "I'm not sure. Maybe it's because you're a newer demon or because you haven't made as many deals."

"I'll have to ask Will about it later," Dipper said as he floated towards the elevator. "For now, you need to eat something. It's after noon."

I didn't realize how long we'd been in the lab. I followed Dipper onto the elevator and a quesion formed in my mind as we were slowly rising. "Dipper, why did you choose the name Alcor as your demon alias?"

"It's one of the stars in the Big Dipper. It and Mizar are known as twin stars. Mizar is a lot brighter, so I thought it would fit Mabel more than me."

I nodded as the elevator door opened. We stepped (or floated, in Dipper's case) out of the elevator and went into the kitchen so I could make some lunch.

I made a simple ham sandwich and sat down, Dipper floating above the other chair.

"I'm happy I could help with some of your research," the young demon said, smiling slightly. "Maybe I'll be able to help with some field work, too."

"Your help would make it much easier," I replied after swallowing a bite of the sandwich. After spending so much time with him, I am positive that Dipper's transformation has affected his mental state very minimally. He is still the same person, and I sincerely doubt that will change.
——————————————————————————

𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝙸 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚙𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚊 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚢𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢. 𝙸𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚐𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚢 𝙸𝚁𝙻 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚘 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎𝚍. 𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚢, 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚊 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚗.