Chapter 1

Living in London all his life, Reeve has witnessed many an experience which had a helping hand in becoming the man he is today. Never in a million years had he pegged himself to become London's most wanted notorious syndicates right hand man though.

Even for his best friend since middle school, David Burns, London's most feared crime boss. No one would dare try to disobey, harm or disrespect Burns or any one of the grand brothers. Especially Reeve and Cal.

Cal, Callon Read to be exact, known as the left hand man. Reeve's equal. Burns has decided, and whatever  Burns says goes. Cal came into the picture when Burns was already known for his reputation, but on a much smaller scale then what his known for today.

Burns, coming from a good home and family has decided to turn to a life of corruption when his family disowned him for not following their career choices.

How foolish parents are at times, thinking by teaching grown-up children a lesson would ever still work, and get them to fall in line with their rules.

Instead, Burns robbed his first small chemist that night with a toy gun. From there on, things became fast lived for him, from robbing shops to finding honest jobs in between.

Breaking into homes was the next option, stealing appliances and selling them to the nearest pawn broker became his new addiction. Scored his first kimber gun during these transactions with the very pawn broker.

On one fine day, David Burns found himself in a beautiful three bedroom home. Owned by a beautiful family. He waited patiently all morning for the lady of the house to leave her driveway, like she did everyday after her husband left for work. On this particular day though, David was beside himself when he found a baby in a cot fast asleep. It wasn't the baby that stopped him from his task though, it was the garage door that opened and the woman of the house who left minutes ago had arrived with shopping bags in hand. Scared to death as she stared into Grey eyes glaring at her as he pointed the gun into the cot.

The woman pleaded for the crazy fox, David Burns, to not shoot her baby. She said she wouldn't tell a soul, and he could take anything he wanted and leave in peace. But did he listen?

David picked up that baby and held the gun to the sleeping baby's head. Walking ever so slowly to the shaking woman to pass her her baby and pint the gun at the both of them. The lady shut her eyes expecting the worse.

But when she opened her eyes, David was gone. She had thanked her lucky stars all he had taken was the laptop and not her and the baby's life.

On arrival at the regular pawn broker Burns was feeling jittery, not believing how apathetic he had became over this short time surviving on his own. Perhaps he was angry, dejected for living in a truck he stole from his home town. But something about pointing a gun at an innocent mother and child had definitely affected him.

Seeing the pawn broker who looked worse then what David felt, he immediately saw the laptop in the arms of a morbid David.

Burns could already see the calculating wheels in the broker's head turning. Being robbed from himself as the broker always offers chump change for David's stolen goods.

It was the worst day for the broker to offer such little money for this laptop. David felt he had to be given more for the efforts he went through on this particular day. He didn't kill anyone, but the mere thought of those innocent faces kept haunting him as time ticked by.

If the broker had just offered a little more, if he had perhaps bargained. But the mere mention of a charging cable not being at hand, hence no sale had the ticking in David Burns' head go off like a bomb when he reached for his kimber 9mm and shot the broker through the head.