Chapter 3

Sleep.

Proper sleep has been a thing of the past for the overworked Reeve, but now he lays in a hospital bed doing just that.

Sleeping.

Mouth slightly agape breathing soundly, inhaling and exhaling. Chest rising and falling as he lies on the comfortable mattress.

It's really not that comfortable, but to a man deprived of sleep, this is gratified.

"How long has he been out?" Burns eerie raspy voice sounds through the room. Worried for his friends life, worried for his brother.

"Four days." Cal says

"Can't be true." Burns was in denial. Knowing full well how long his brother had been unconscious, it doesn't seem real to him. "Slap in the face, he has to be faking it."

Cal chuckled at Burns half-witted comments.

"Get me the blue label, I bet he'll wake up at a sniff of that." Burns continued lighting a cigarette, yes, lit a cigarette in the hospital. Only Burns could do that without a slap on the wrist.

His done worse without meeting a judge, police are so far up his anal they wait for his call. It's sad really, how the police have become corrupted by these brothers over the years.

That's what you get when you ask for a favor, you pay the piper in kind.

"Jesus, he looks like his perishing." Burns pulls a face. "Have these nurses no compassion for my fam?"

"He can't eat either way." Cal states the obvious. "His unconscious." Always states the obvious.

"I wonder if he can hear us?"

"Doubt it. Looks like his sleeping."

Burns wiped his face with his hand. Trying his utmost not to shoot Cal today.

"Some bird saved him."

"Mmm?" This intrigued Burns.

"Yeah. She electrocuted him with her bare hands and he came to life like a focking aftershock went up his ass hole." Cal says in one breath. His crass tongue didn't surprise Burns.

"Her bare hands? Like some superficial shit?"

"Something like that, and then she passed out. Probably gave him life.."

"Actually" The lady Doctor stepped into the room causing Burns to eye her mischievously. "It's just static. Carpal tunnel syndrome symptoms usually affect the thumb and index finger, and sometimes also the middle or ring fingers. The sensation may feel like a pulse of electric shock, and the pain may reach and radiate into the arms. Could've been the air-conditioning combined with the heat.-"

"Ooooh, I love when you talk dirty doctor to me." Burns sensually and playfully admits to the doctor.

"Oh shut up, David." The lady Doctor says eying him with a smirk.

There aren't many people who would address Burns as David. Quite informal of her to be speaking to him in that manner.

"You know you shouldn't smoke in here. If you can't follow the rules, I suggest you leave."

"Now now, May, that's not what you said to me a few days ago when I had you on top of my desk." Burns says, explaining their love hate relationship.

"What happened on top your desk?" Cal teases. "May?" Turning his attention to a glaring Doctor May. "Care to share?"

"Fock off." She says before walking over to a sleeping Reeve as the men chuckle lightly.

May does a sisterly thing and kisses Reeve's forehead.