Chapter 4

The next morning our pretty Rainbow went to class, like she often did on her scheduled days.

These classes normally last for about an hour, then it's a thirty minute break before her next class.

She decided taking a short walk around campus would do her good. Clear her mind, prepare herself for the day ahead. Knowing she would spend the whole day with the handsome rude Reeve Right. He was quite the mystery, slightly intrigued by his life. But, not a fan of his ugly remarks.

She knew he wasn't just a doctor, he had to have guards for a reason, why was he shot? It was no accident. Hence the extra precaution. Probably high profiled police business, she wanted to know the mystery behind the man resting behind the closed doors of a luxurious hospital room. It's not heard of. Well, at least not in her text books.

"Top of the morning to ya." Rainbow, brought out of her thoughts saw a woman her age tucked under what must be her boyfriends arm. Her red hair looked radiant against her pale skin.

Rainbow looked over her shoulder to make sure the group was looking at her, and not someone behind her.

"Shes talking to you." Another red head girl. 'Twins.' Rainbow thought. The second red head muttered something with a snicker and the group of four snorted amongst themselves, finding Rainbow funny for looking so bewildered by the greeting.

"Rainbow? Is that right?" The first red head asked.

Rainbow smiled, aloofness taking over her features. "How'd you know that?" Her beautiful smile is what caused the rest of the group to immediately see her in a different light.

"Becca." The first red head said hesitantly. Rainbow wasn't sure if it was supposed to mean something. Until it clicked. Rebecca, her roommate.

"Hi." Rainbow exclaimed. "How unconventional, the way we meeting."

Becca laughed lightly. "I almost caught up with you this morning, but you rushed out when I came up the stairs. So.." Becca shrugged.

"Well, it's great to finally meet you."

"Like wise. This is my guy, Harry, my sister Gina and my best friend Kate." Becca introduces Rainbow to the group.

"Hi." Rainbow muttered smiling at everyone.

"We going for drinks at the pub later. Care to join?" Becca, friendly as ever asks her new roommate.

"I wish I could." Rainbow felt disappointed she had to decline the offer. "Doing my practice."

"Isn't practice only Mondays and Wednesdays?" Kate says more then asks, how she knew that? Rainbow had no clue.

"I'm helping someone out." Lie. Rainbow held back on telling these strangers the truth, and the group could easily pick it up. "Anyway, I have to go. Next time?" Rainbow asked in all honesty and Becca nodded with a smile.

Her next class went by too quickly, not really paying much attention as her focus was on seeing Reeve soon. She didn't know how to face him today after storming out of his room with tears rolling down her cheeks and sending Patty a text saying she couldn't do it and almost gave up on obtaining her degree, but luckily for her. Patty covered her shift and said to come back tomorrow fresh, as new as a stronger woman.

Stepping out of the bus, Rainbow held her head up high. Greeting a few familiar faces as she made her way to the changing room of the hospital, she noticed the stares and whispering had stopped.

Rainbow changed into her uniform, the one that sat loosely on her hips. Perhaps that's why Reeve felt he could comment on her weight. It surely looked like she was drowning in her clothing.