Chapter IV

YOU ready?" Hayden asks Lee as Anthony and Charlotte approach them at the start of the path to Hogsmeade. Lee laughs and gives her a little nod like, guess so.

"Hey Hayden," says Anthony as he and Charlotte reach Lee and Hayden. "That's funny. 'Hey Hayden.' It's like 'hey hey then!'" he says.

"Oh..." she laughs awkwardly, making eye contact with Lee, who tries not to laugh.

"Hey Charlotte," Hayden says. Charlotte had been staring at her as she fidgeted with the end of her braid that draped over her shoulder.

"Hi," Charlotte replies, looking Hayden up and down.

"Alright then," says Lee after a moment. "Shall we?"

Anthony nods, the front of his black hair—styled so it stuck upwards a bit—unmoving as he nods. The four all start down the path towards the little village.

"So, Charlotte, how do you know Anthony?" asks Lee.

"You can call me Lottie," she says.

"That's funny, I have a cousin named Lottie. But hers isn't a nickname for anything," Hayden chimes in with a chuckle.

"Please don't call me that. Just him," says Charlotte, pointing to Lee.

"Oh, erm, alright, sorry," Hayden says, bemused. Maybe she'll just avoid talking to Charlotte from now on.

After the most uncomfortable small talk she might've have ever experienced, they decide to go to The Three Broomsticks for butterbeers.

Hayden slides into a booth after Anthony and Lee does the same after Charlotte on the other side.

"What can I get you today?" the waitress asks the group.

"Four butterbeers, please," asks Lee with a smile. The waitress returns the smile and nods before heading back to the bar.

"So, uh... how's classes so far?" Hayden asks the table. Everyone nods, like,  they're alright

"Cool," she says, pursing her lips. Lottie begins whispering to Lee, who shoots Hayden a quick glance before becoming immersed in their conversation.

Looks like the four way conversation's not gonna pan out. 

"So, tell me about you," Hayden turns to Anthony beside her. "What's it like being a beater?"

"Oh, it's great. It's so fun. It's a real workout. Doesn't replace the gym though," he says, not-so-subtly flexing his thick arm. 

"Nice," she laughs. When he puts his arm down, he puts it down around Hayden. She rolls her eyes internally at the gesture, but nonetheless, she can feel the blush appear on her face. "I don't think a chaser needs as strong arms as a beater, but I do love the gym too," she replies.

"Oh yeah? We should go together," Anthony suggests. "I go every day. People who don't go to the gym: weak."

"Oh, well, I mean I do think the gym is a good thing to do, but I don't like to cast aspersions though."

"I don't know that spell," He frowns.

"What? Oh, no, it's—" Hayden is interrupted as the waitress reappears with our butterbeers.

The four all take sips, eager for the sweet hot drink on a cold winter's day.

"Oop, you've got some foam—" Hayden says to Anthony as he sets his glass down, but before he can wipe it off, a high-pitched scream and crash sounds from across the table.