Seperately Together

I flung my backpack strap over my shoulder and tightened the laces on my shoes. We were staying in a hotel in LA and I decided I wanted to skip the concert tonight. I know it wasn't fair to the fans who paid good money and wanted to see me perform but I wasn't up for it. This was the 3rd time I wasn't up for it. Niall and I were not in good terms. He thought I was cheating on him with Zayn I told him he was crazy and should trust me. I told Liam I was leaving and would be back in a couple of hours. He nodded and told me to stay safe in reply.

I made my way to the lobby and looked out of the windows. It was still bright and sunny just like always. I stepped outside of the door and began to just wander the street.

You'd think I'd be recognized just walking down the streets of LA, but let's be real here, I wasn't the favorite of the band. That title would easily go to Harry or maybe even Louis, but not me. I looked at the shop windows around me and pushed through the glass door of a smoothie shop.

"Hi! Welcome to Juice Crafters what can I get for you today?"

"Hi, can I get the East West smoothie please?"

"Sure is that all for you today?"

"Yea thanks."

As she told me my total and I gave her my card I looked around the place. It was nice and quiet. Good.

I went to the side to wait for my drink and pulled out my phone. Not to my surprise I had many messages from staff asking where I was and tweets asking if I was going to show up today and what was happening with me. I left them unread, grabbed my smoothie, and headed to this small local studio Louis and I had found to rent out and record just a few parts of the new album while we were here. I used my key and unlocked the door and made my way to our room. I took off my backpack and rested my half-dranken smoothie on the piano.

I slowly plunked out a carnival type theme trying to think of anything.

"Look me in the eye." I began to think slowly. Frantically I reached for my phone as the words began to come to me. I hit the record button and continued to play letting the words come even if it sounded awkward.

"Lying on my name." I shook my head. "It's only a matter of time an eye for an eye, I'll go blind and when did you stop being kind? You twisted your words like a knife. Oh i'm sure that you're hurting inside why would you make your pain mine? Making me pay for your crimes. Darlin, I'll be fine, but it's only a matter of time." I smiled a little bit knowing that sounded right. "When karma comes around you'll be drowning in regret. You can't have me no more. I'm not playing your game. Are you glad- do you feel better now?" My mind started to go blank and my fingers were still moving fast. "Uhhh-shit!" I said as I messed up the rhythm and came to a stop.

I hit stop on the recording on my phone. I grabbed my half melted smoothie now and threw it in the trash on the way out the door. I remembered to lock it but I cringed as I heard a woman ask her friend if it was the Amy from One Direction. I made my way over to them and asked if they wanted a picture, they of course said yes and I obliged. I said goodbye quickly and put my headphones in, shuffling my playlist. I walked back into the hotel room and asked the clerk if they knew where the boys were. They said that Harry, Louis, Liam, and Niall had left with a team of security and Zayn had left only a few minutes after me, without anyone and still hadn't returned. I figured Zayn had gone for some alone time like me and the boys went to the concert.

5 hours later
NIALLS POV:

We all arrived at the private club at roughly 10. Harry had just turned 21 a week ago so it was legal for all of us to drink in America. I looked over at Amy who was sitting across from me. I felt so guilty I couldn't stand another day waking up without her next to me. I almost broke down in the elevator if the hotel when I could smell her perfume still lingering in the air. It was obvious she didn't want to be here tonight. I could tell by the way she was picking her fingers. Still, she looked as gorgeous as always. Louis shoved me a bit to get my fixed gaze off of her. We were settled at the bar among some other celebrities and influencers. I hated the crowd in these types of bars, but we were safest here when we just wanted to have fun.