Ten...

We were ten years old when we first met... he must have erased the memory from his computer-like brain, but that would have meant it was unimportant... that I was unimportant, which was far from the truth. The curly-haired boy was an amazing actor, he probably pretended that he was unaware of who I was when he reheard the name 'Moriarty'.
Oh everything was so fun and simple when we were ten, I was so intrigued by his brain and he absolutely loved me paying attention to his fascinating mind palace, which is what he preferred it to be called. We played these little games together, my favourite was called "The Consulting Duo" - see we were different from the other children but we were the same as each other, as if we were meant to be - in this game I'd tell him that I helped someone to murder a person, describe the scene, the body, and then watch his eyes explore the kingdom inside his head, timing him; his quickest was seven seconds. Of course I knew the answer, I did plan it after all, but he'd recite it to me as if he didn't just spend seven seconds working it out, as if he just read my mind. He loved it, I loved it.
We were ten years old, it was so fun and simple.
Funny how everything play pretend could be the way it ends.