Chapter 11: Trials and Trails.

The morning after they confessed, Thomas awoke in his bed, a tad bit tired, but cheerful.

"Man!" He thought. "I forgot how good this bed feels. It's certainly been awhile since I've last slept in it, alright."

Feeling the perfect amount of firmness and softness from his mattress, Thomas felt very much comfortable, and didn't feel like moving. Eyeing over to a certain beautiful slender elf next him, the 17 year old smiled as he rubbed her cheek.

"She is stubborn at times...." He thought. "But there are times where Lady can be really beautiful in and out, to the point where she's angelic."

Brushing some of her golden hair out of her face, Thomas could only continue to smile, for that feeling of unworthiness had all washed away. He loved Lady, and Lady loved him. That's what it all matters in a relationship of romantic partners, right?

As Lady then opened her eyes, a smile cracked between her lips, as she gazed at her new boyfriend.

"Morning." Thomas greeted lovingly.

"Morning." Lady greeted back before she stretched and yawned. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes." Thomas replied. "And the pain has really gone down significantly."

"Good to hear." Lady groaned as she then placed herself on top of Thomas. "You won't mind if I had another taste?"

"Go ahead." Thomas replied as he and Lady began to kiss again.

Meanwhile, in the dungeon floors of Boomer's castle, Timothy was busy minding himself to himself, when Diesel came down to bring him his food.

"Morning, Diesel." He greeted.

"Morning." Diesel replied as he placed the food down. "I did as you suggested, but I almost got caught, sabotaging those pieces of equipment that Smudger made, as well as freeing those slaves that Boomer has forced to work for him."

Timothy sighed as he then looked at Diesel in the eyes.

"I know it's risky work, but it's really worth it, Diesel. The more you free, the more you save from a terrible fate. You wish to redeem yourself, then this is the way to go. When it comes to odds against a evil foe, nothing of actual freedom is going to be free, and so you must work for it and make it happen."

"I see." Diesel replied. "Let's just hope that I can keep this ruse going until I can break you out of here."

Timothy just nodded in agreement before telling Diesel what to do next.

Back at the countryside, where his farmhouse was, Thomas and Lady were now walking down a nearby trail, enjoying the day as a couple.

"It's so peaceful here." Lady remarked as she saw the amount of trees, grass and lack of people.

"It very much is." Thomas concurred. "I often went on this particular trail with my family before my parents died. It is usually like this, and makes a great quick getaway from all the chaos that life could bring."

"That it is, indeed." Lady commented with a smile. "Makes me want to doze at the foot of one of the trees here."

"Same." Thomas chuckled, as both of them just continued to smile.

Unbeknownst to the couple, a figure was watching from afar. His beard was clearly recently trimmed, and his skin fairly toned. His cloak was red as his bandana, and his greyish-bluish eyes glistened alongside his dark brown hair, as he watched the two enjoying their day, as he held a staff in his hand.