Chapter 8

"Only noon? I'm going back to sleep. Damon hugs. Now. Not asking." Phoenix closed her eyes again and she opened her arms for her mate to get into them. Fae chuckled softly and moved away from Damon knowing he would do as Phoenix said. Damon smirked softly and he moved back to the couch sitting with his mate and kissing her head softly cuddling her. Bonnie's and Caroline's eyebrows shot up into their hairline as Damon did as he was told. "Ermmm why is Damon doing what she says? He never does what he's told." Bonnie spoke up pointing to the couple. Stefan had hopped off the couch and he stretched and smiled at the girls with a polite nod and looked at Fae who had hair dangling in her eyes but found she was looking at the blond vampire.

Phoenix was inwardly smirking as she pretended to sleep feeling Elena's eyes on them glaring only making the half-demon cuddle into the older Salvatore. But she could tell that the half-demon half-fairy was fawning over Caroline and she grabbed a pillow that was next to her throwing it with unnecessary supernatural strength at her best friend, causing Fae to let out a small humph as she was knocked off her feet and hit her head on the table cursing under her breath. "Ouch," Elena smirked and hoped she had hurt herself, she did her best to cover it up but everyone saw it.

Stefan was quick to move to her, Caroline holding her breath fearing there would be blood but the half-breed got up and rubbed her head not bleeding but Stefan placed a kiss over where she had hit it making her cheeks flush madly. The pair on the couch watched making sure she was alright but stayed still knowing she would be. "You okay baby?" she only nodded still red in the face. Caroline breathed a small sigh of relief that there wasn't any blood.

Fae got to her feet Stefan beside her and she smiled leaning into him a little. The scene of affection had different effects one being jealousy the other confusion. "Oh and to answer your question, that's because they're soulmates. I'm also Stefan's and D's mate."