5. How We Spent the Night Together

After 20 Minutes of Chuuves eating a rainbow cake

"Gosh, I'm so full with cakes!" Sooyoung sat back and looked at the girl infront of her who's still eating the cake.

"Jiwoo, how can you eat so much?" Sooyoung asked.

"Well, I told you that I could finish this cake if our classmates- Oh! I forgot about them!" Jiwoo pouted as she realised that they finished 75% of the cake.

"Just bring the rest home, you can continue it tomorrow. I don't want you to get diabetes." Sooyoung looked at Jiwoo in concerned.

"Here, the money for the cake," Sooyoung took out her wallet and grabbed $10.

"No no, it's fine Sooyoung! I want to treat you for what you did today," Jiwoo refused to take the money and wrapped up the remaining cake.

"Thank you so much Jiwoo, but I'l treat you next time okay?" Sooyoung asked while she stood up from the chair then grabbed Jiwoo's belongings.

"Alright then! Hoping for more cafe hang outs with you," Jiwoo then stood up.

Both of them went out from the cafe.

"May I walk you home?" Sooyoung asked.

"I mean, I can keep carrying these for you," Sooyoung lifted up Jiwoo's belongings.

Jiwoo thought for awhile and replied, " Thank you so much Sooyoung, I don't know how can I repay you for this and what happened at school."

"It's fine, Jiwoo! Just text me anytime when you need help or something" Sooyoung said.

"Sincerely, thank you so much Sooyoung," Jiwoo replied

"It's something that a decent person would do! Stop thanking me already!" Sooyoung said.

"Then make me," Jiwoo suddenly said.

"Huh?" Sooyoung was confused for a second.

Jiwoo looked away and started to walk ahead quickly.

"Hold on Jiwoo! Wait for me!" Sooyoung quickly catch up Jiwoo.

~~~

"Wow there's a night market here?" Jiwoo stopped and scanned the entire festive place.

The market was filled with multiple unique vendors with enthusiastic owners. There were bells ringing from vendor which bought sparkles to the night. Besides that, there were multiple street performers dancing with their twisty legs, following to rhythm of the intense beats.

"Do you want to explore around?" Sooyoung asked

"Of course! The smell of the delicious food is already making me feeling extremely hungry!" Jiwoo immediately darted to a vendor.

"Huh? Didn't you just ate like almost the entire cake?" Sooyoung was dumbfounded but followed the excited one anyway.

"Hmm can I get a potato twist? Thanks!" Jiwoo said to the vendor owner.

"Sure, young lady! It'd be 3000 won!" the cheerful owner replied.

"Hold on...,"Jiwoo walked towards Sooyoung.

Immediately, Sooyoung took Jiwoo's purse from the bag.

"Thanks Sooyoung , do you want some too?" Jiwoo asked her and took her wallet from Sooyoung.

"No thanks, I'm still full... I thought you were full though?" Sooyoung asked.

"The keyword is 'were'," Jiwoo then paid the owner and took the glamorous potato twist.

~~~

"Nom nom!" Jiwoo was skipping forward while munching the crunchy potato.

"Are you sure that you don't want a bite of it?" Jiwoo asked.

"Yea, I'm good," Sooyoung answered and saw the flood of people ahead surrounding the street performers.

Sooyoung gently grabbed Jiwoo's hand.

Jiwoo got startled.

"It's packed infront, you see, " Sooyoung said.

"I can take care of myself," Jiwoo looked at Sooyoung.

"So you don't need me anymore" Sooyoung makes a sad face.

"...Whatever floats on your boat," Jiwoo took a bite of the potato twist.

Sooyoung grabbed Jiwoo's hand firmly and proceed walking into the crowd.

Jiwoo felt butterflies in her stomach along the way when Sooyoung gave Jiwoo space to walk.

"Wheew, that was tough," Sooyoung said.

"Thanks Sooyoung," Jiwoo spoke while looking at the ground.

"Nah, it's something that I had to do anyway," Sooyoung replied.

~~~

"Can we go home now?" Jiwoo yawned.

"Sure sure! But do you know the way back starting from here? " Sooyoung asked.

"Hmm... I passed by this street a few times so I roughly know my way back," Jiwoo replied.

"Alright, let's go!" Sooyoung swinged Jiwoo's hand. Indeed, they were still holding hands.

~~~

"So here's my house," Jiwoo stopped.

Sooyoung scanned across the house and nodded

"Well...see you then," Jiwoo released her hand which was gluing on Sooyoung's.

"Aww that was quick... See you in school tomorrow Jiwoo," Sooyoung said.

Both of them waved their hands and returned smiles.

Jiwoo walked into the house, and looked at Sooyoung walking away.

Sooyoung suddenly looked back at Jiwoo and screamed "That date was fun by the way!"

Jiwoo was dumbfounded.

Sooyoung smirked and hopped her way back.

"I thought you didn't heard that.... you're so evil Sooyoung," Jiwoo pouted and laughed.

A/N - Hello fellow readers! How's the plot so far? I guess I'm updating the fanfic on every Sunday huh... By the way I come out with the plot on spot so I apologize in advanced if I forgot any details ><