Chapter Six

Late Nights and You

"THE man of the hour, everyone, Seb Castillo!" Isang nakakabinging palakpakan mula sa mga tao sa loob ng Studio 4 ng ABC Network, ang Mother Network ng Late Nights with Art Ventura, ang longest running late night talk show ng bansa. 

"So, the last question before we queued for a break was, "May nagpapatibok ba ng puso mo, Sebastian?" Paguudyok sa kanya ni Tito Art. Isa ito sa mga kinapipitagang talk show host ng bansa. Ganoon na lang din ang tawag nito sa kanya dahil close family friend din ito ng mga Castillo. 

"You see, Tito Art, my heart is beating. It's normal, that's for sure because I'm alive. But I guess the question should be, is someone making my heart beat out of the norm, like abnormally. You know." He quipped, his eyes sparkled at the thought of his heart beating out of the norm. And he knew, right from the start, who the culprit was. 

"I stand corrected, Sebastian. Actually, you are right. Shall I fire my writers now? Sino ang writer ng episode na 'to?" Pabirong sabi ng host. Sanhi ng malakas na tawanan mula sa mga tao doon. "Let me rephrase my question, is someone making Seb Castillo' s heart beat out of the norm, out of the ordinary?" 

"I'll answer that, definitely, later, Tito Art." Pag-ilag ng binata dito na may pilyong ngiti na nakapaskil sa gwapo nitong mukha. 

"Okay. Utang mo yang sagot na yan sa akin at sa buong mundo, Sebastian. Babalikan kita diyan." Game na sagot nito sa kanya. 

"Let's go to the revelation. Can I just say that you look handsome like always, anak. So, Black leather moto jacket is in, huh. Looking good!" This time seryoso ang himig ng boses nito. 

"Whoa! Thanks, Tito Art. Yes, it's in. And I'm game!" Excited na tugon niya dito. 

"Sebastian, one of the members of my Research team is a #Sebsters. Nagpaka-detective ang mga 'to and it really got my attention. So here it is." Suminyas ang host sa malaking screen. 

Laking gulat ni Seb nang makita ang tweets and IG posts niya back from when IT all started up to date. 

Naihilamos na lang niya ang mga kamay sa mukha. May kung anong ibang nararamdaman siya sa mga oras na 'yon. Hindi niya mawari nguti tila kinakabahan siya. He flashed his megawatts smile to hide what he's feeling. Naghihiyawan naman ang mga tao sa loob ng Studio. 

Exhibit A:

1st Tweet, Feb, 12, 2017: @seb_castillo: I just saw the most beautiful woman I've ever laid my eyes on. #ClarkHotAirBalloonFestival2017 (purple heart)

IG Post, Same day, a couple of hours later: @seb_castillo:  Posted a blurry picture of a woman, with a caption that said: The most beautiful woman. (purple heart)  #ClarkHotAirBalloonFestival2017

Exhibit B:

2nd Tweet, Oct. 7, 2018: @seb_castillo: The second encounter with the most beautiful woman I've ever laid my eyes on. (purple heart)

IG Post, Same day, a couple of hours later: @seb_castillo: Posted a blurry picture of a woman's back, with a caption that said:The second encounter with her(purple heart)

Exhibit C:

3rd Tweet, April 15, 2019: @seb_castillo: Finally. (purple heart)

IG Post, Same day, a couple of hours later: @seb_castillo: Posted a blurry picture of a woman's back against the skyline of Makati CBD, with a caption that said: Finally, with her. (purple heart)

End of Exhibit.

Muling umalingawngaw ang hiyawan sa buong Studio. Actually, sa buong compound yata ng Network.