Chapter 12

"y/n. Care to explain what happened today?"

Cho was waiting for me in the kitchen. "Oh hey, Cho! I just went out with Jaemin for the day," I said casually.

"And missed two classes, plus your detention," Cho said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"You aren't mad... are you?" I don't know why it mattered if she was mad or not. It's my life.

"No, but Professor Lee is. I was taking my usual run around campus, and she called me over to ask if I knew where you were. I didn't know, but I didn't want you to get in trouble, so I just said that you had lady issues that you had to attend to, but she simply said 'Her lady issues don't change the fact she misbehaved'. So expect to be scolded next time you see her."

"Thanks for trying to cover me. And sorry for not telling you where I was earlier. I got kinda caught up with Jaemin."

Cho laughed, "You're all good, I just didn't think you'd run away with someone this quickly."

I felt embarrassment flush my face, "To be honest, it felt like he was taking me on a date." I confessed. Cho looked at the large dog I was holding.

"I bet he won that for you." I giggled a bit and nodded. "Oh, you've got it bad."

"I'm going to pretend like I don't know what you're talking about," I said while looking down, avoiding Cho's gaze.

"Well, if you don't like him, you should go for whoever got you that gift." She said, referencing the fruit basket.

"My secret admirer," I fake swooned. "In all seriousness, it's pretty hot that they would get me a gift." Cho laughed lightly.

"All this talk about someone you don't know." Cho rolled her eyes playfully with a loving smile anyone could fall for. "You fall so fast."

"I just want to feel what love feels like. What it feels like to wake up and know someone absolutely loves you," I laughed at myself, "It's dumb."

"Love is dumb. You never know who loves you or not; it's torturous." I nodded in agreement.

"We should have some of the... I'm not sure what to call them. I don't want to say guys or boys because that's just blah. You know what I'm talking about. We should have them over and play the bachelorette," I laughed at my idea.

"Well, Ki and I already know who you're going to choose," Cho wiggled her eyebrows suggestively, "Mister kissing in the closet."

"Okay! Goodnight! It was nice talking to you, Cho!" I started walking to my bedroom, Bo-Mi still in my arms.

"You know I'm right, y/n! Goodnight! I love you!"

"I love you too, but not right now," I giggled as I went into my room, about to get ready for bed.

~

"Jaemin and I are going to get murdered once we step foot in Professor Lee's class," I said to Yangyang. We were walking out of business together.

"Why?"

"Oh yeah, we skipped detention." Yangyang's eyes widened. "He took me to an arcade in a more urban part of Seoul. Then he practically kidnapped me when he took me to Yeongsan River."

"That's like three hours away," Yangyang said, his mouth slightly agape.

"The drive wasn't too bad. We just listened to music the entire way there."

"Hey y/n!" I heard a familiar voice call out my name. I whirled around to see Jisung jogging after me.

"Hey, Jisung! Is there something wrong?"