𝔸 𝔽𝕖𝕨 𝔻𝕣𝕠𝕡𝕤 𝕠𝕗 ℝ𝕒𝕚𝕟

[Yaoyorozu's POV:]

The gentle ruffling of book pages filled the library. Momo sat at one of the many mahogany tables arranged neatly between the towering book stacks, contributing to the quiet symphony of the learning area with the occasional flip of the math textbook before her. Occasionally, she would add the soft scribbling of her pencil across notebook paper as she riddled out the complicated equations of the practice problems. A serene smile remained on Momo's face as she basked in the peaceful atmosphere of the learning commons; just her and her brain, that was how she liked to study.

Momo glanced up as a loud chiming suddenly replaced the academic sounds floating through the spacious library. She looked to the large black-and-white clock hanging on the wall behind her head to find that it had just turned nine o'clock in the evening. Curfew started at ten p.m., so Momo decided that she best get along to the dorm lest she lose herself in her math practice and accidentally overstay her welcome in the learning space. Mr. Aizawa isn't one to accept excuses, she sighed quietly as she slipped her note-covered pieces of paper into the book to mark her page. She flipped the textbook closed and slid it into her bookbag, securing the clasp before gliding her arm under the strap to drape it over her shoulder. The heavy pack bumped against her hip as she rose from the chair; the weight of knowledge was a heavy burden indeed, for the pressure made her shoulder twinge in protest.

Tutting, Momo adjusted the strap of her book bag to distribute the weight better and smiled when the pressure on her shoulder muscles lessened. Can't be a hero with a dislocated shoulder! She joked and chuckled at her wit. The bag thumped rhythmically against her thigh as she strolled purposefully through the collections of tables and chairs. Momo occasionally greeted some of the students she recognized from Class 1-B that were also in the process of preparing to go home for the night, using muscle memory to deliver her to the glass front doors. As she pushed them open and stepped out into the night, she was in high spirits.

A booming clap of thunder and a bright flash of lightning startled her right out of it.

"Oh my!" she squeaked and clapped her hands over her ears as the thunderous cacophony threatened to explode her eardrums. Cracking an eye open, she pouted at the sheet of rain that separated the library entrance awning from the sidewalk and parking lot. The water streamed down like a massive waterfall, so fast and hard that Momo couldn't see through the wall of liquid. Momo retrieved her cell phone and pulled up the weather prediction, swearing to herself that the morning forecast had indicated clear skies and warm weather all day. Whether or not that was accurate, the prediction now stated that thunderstorms would saturate the area until six the following morning. "Oh, dear," she sighed and slipped her phone back into her book bag pocket. "I guess I'll just have to make an umbrella," she decided and began undoing the buttons of her button-up shirt.

"Um... Yaoyorozu?"

"Eh?" she cried and turned around, still clutching the second-to-last button of her shirt between her fingers. The boy who had spoken, Yosetsu Awase, gawked open-mouthed at the stellar shot of her cleavage for a micro-second before realizing what he was actually gaping at and hurriedly craned his head back. Blushing fiercely, he rubbed at the back of his neck and studied the woven fibers of the awning over their heads with an intensity. "Oh, hello, Awase!" she chirped, still not recognizing that she was standing in front of him with her bra and belly completely exposed.

"I... uh... So you didn't bring an umbrella?" he questioned. Momo knitted her eyebrows at the high-pitched, stressed tone of his voice.

"Yes! It seems I should be more vigilant in checking the weather forecast," she laughed good-naturedly. "I was just about to create one- Oh my goodness, Awase, I'm so sorry!" she shrieked and slammed the opening of her shirt closed when it finally dawned on her why he was so embarrassed. A fire blazed over her cheeks as she trained her gaze on her shoes, taking note of the many scuffs and scrapes on the toes to try and detract from the sheer mortification she was feeling. When Yosetsu cleared his throat, she peered through her thick lashes at him to see him smiling wanly.