Urokodaki Sakonji

"Excuse me, would it be okay if I took that basket, straw, and some bamboo?" "Sure, you're welcome to it, but that basket's full of holes." "Yes, I'll pay you for it." "No, that's alright. I mean it's a basket with holes." "Yes, I will pay you." "No, it's all right. You can have the bamboo and straw for free, too." "But I'm still paying you!" "I said it's okay! You're one stubborn kid!" Tanko slaps the money in his hands. "Please accept this, although it's just small change!" Tanko then takes off with the items. "Thank you very much!" "Ouch!" 

Tanko gets to the cave where Nezuo was. "Nezuo?" Nezuo was sitting at the back of the cave. "Wait there for a second." She begins chopping up the bamboo and mending the basket. "Nezuo? Nezuo. Think you can fit inside this?" She shows him the basket. "I want to keep moving during the day, too. I'll carry you, okay?" Points at the basket. "Can you fit? In here. Basket." He glances at the basket and shakes his head no. "You've always been so stubborn."

Nezuo just stares blankly at her. "Oh! Nezuo, remember how you became big like an adult earlier? Do you think you can do the opposite? Get smaller?" She patted Nezuo. "Smaller Nezuo. Get smaller." He went towards the basket and shrunk and hopped in. Tanko patted Nezuo on the head. "Good job! That's a good boy, Nezuo! I'm impressed!" She covered the basket and set out. 

When nighttime came, she let Nezuo out of his basket to walk next to her. While walking they notice a temple. "Oh there's a temple over there. There's light leaking through, so someone must be there. Lets check it out." Tanko then caught the scent of blood. "I smell blood! This mountain path is pretty rough! Someone must've gotten hurt!" They both then run up to the temple.

She opens the door with haste. "Are you alright?" She then stops as she sees a man being eaten by a demon. "What the hell? This is my turf." The demon turns around. "If you break into my territory, I'll make you pay!" Tanko then realizes it's a man-eating demon. Nezuo just blankly stares although his mouth did begin to water just a little. The demon looks at him. "Hm, there's something off about you. Are you both humans?" He gets up and as the candle goes out he charges at Tanko, making them both fly out the door as Tanko slices it's neck with her hatchet, making the demon fall back. 

"A hatchet, huh? Not bad. But a scratch like this...should heal in no time." The scar healed. "See that? The bleeding's stopped already." Nezuo then snaps out of it and goes and kicks the demons head off. "You bastard! One of you is a demon after all? You gave off such a weird vibe! What's a human and a demon doing teaming up?" The demon started going after Nezuo and he was holding him off quite well as Tanko got up to go help. "Stop it!"

Before she could reach him, the demons head came and tried to grab her, but she threw her hatchet and stuck him to a tree. Nezuo then launched his body into the distance and followed it. Tanko ran after them. "Nezuo! Where are you?" Nezuo had just kicked the body off the cliff and that apparently killed the body. They both went back to the head that had passed out. Tanko noticed that the way this demon smells was different from the one she smelled at her home. 

Tanko took out her knife knowing she had to kill the demon though she was hesitant. Then a man put his hand on her shoulder and she turned around a bit frightened. "You can't finish him off with that." She then started thinking over his appearance and how she didn't hear him coming. "H-how can I finish him off?" "Don't ask me! Can't you use your own head to figure that out." 

She began to think about that if stabbing is no good, then she would have to crush his head and how she would do it. She was scared because she didn't want him to suffer and wondered if there was a way to kill him with one blow. The man was silently commenting and judging her. 'He's not going to cut it. He's too kind and can't make decisions. He's facing a demon, yet the scent of kindness remains. He has empathy for even a demon. Giyuu...He's never going to make it.' 

The demon then wakes up and sees Tanko. "You bastard! I'll kill you! I swear I'll devour you! Get over here! Dammit! I can't go to you, so you come to me! Hey are you listening, brat?" Tanko then was still hesitant. 'I faltered too long. Now the sun's coming up.' Once the sun light hits the demon, he disintegrates. 

That really surprises Tanko. 'He's gone with that much sunlight?! No wonder Nezuo stays away from it!' She then realizes and starts looking around. "Nezuo? Nezuo!" She runs into the temple to see Nezuo sitting in the dark part. Tanko sighed with relief. "Oh right..Where's that man?" 

The man had buried the bodies and was praying for them. "Um..." "I am Urokodaki Sakonji. I'm assuming you're the one Tomioka Giyuu sent my way." "Yes! My name is Kamado Tan-....Tanjiro! My brothers name is Nezuo, and..." "Tanjiro...What will you do when your brother devours a human?"

 Tanko looks confused and Urokodaki goes and slaps her. "Too slow! You're just too slow at making decisions! You failed to finish off that demon before daybreak! Do you know why you couldn't answer my question right away? It's because your resolve is too weak! There are two things to do if your brother devours a human. Kill your brother. And slit your own belly and die! That's what it means to travel with your brother who became a demon! But that must never happen no matter what. And you'd best not forget. Your brother, taking the life of an innocent person...That's the one thing that must never happen. Ever! Do you understand what I'm saying?" 

Tanko took her hand off her face. "Yes!" "All right, now I'm going to test you to see if you're fit to become a member of the Demon Slayer Corps. Carry your brother on your back and follow me!" She got Nezuo on her back and ran behind Urokodaki hardly able to keep up. 

~Time Skip brought to you by "This is my perfect victory"~

They reached a small house by sunset and Tanko was completely out of breath and exhausted. "N-now, have I....passed the test?" Urokodaki opened the door. "The test starts now. We're going to climb a mountain." Tanko brought Nezuo inside and let him lay down and sleep. "I'll make sure to take care of your brother for you." "I'm counting on you, sir."

 They then started walking up the mountain as Tanko was struggling. "Now, from here, go back down to the house at the foot of the mountain. This time, I'm not going to wait until daybreak!" And with that he disappeared. 'Is that all? He must think I'll get lost in the fog. This is easy!' She began running down the mountain when she accidentally hit a rope that launched some rocks at her that she just barely managed to dodge. 

She then saw there was a hole in front of her and went around it. 'I see. So there are traps all around. That's the deal, huh?' She then started going again quite easily avoiding all the traps since she had always been quite agile. She was doing the best she could while smelling all the traps and trying to breathe well. 

She had finally made it back to the house. Her clothing was a bit dirty but she was altogether unharmed. She was breathing very heavily when she opened the door. "I...have...returned." She then fell to her knees from exhaustion. She had passed out with her head against the door frame. 'I accept you as my student...Kamado Tanjiro.' 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So it's been a while haha. Sorry for the suuuper long delay. I just haven't been feeling it honestly. But now I'm back also I updated because two readers so politely asked and how could I possibly refuse? 

I'm going to be making Tanko and Nezuo's relationship better for them to support each other more and make them stronger and less weak for the plot. 

Any suggestions? 

~1436 Words~