Hot Showers

Lucas point of view

Reader discretion is advised

Damn it was hot as hell, way too hot to be practicing in this sweltering heat, I sighed exhausted, glancing over at Kenji on the field. Running through tires like a madman. That man was something of a different breed, practices rain or shine. I truly never wish for that kind of commitment. Kenji, a refugee wolf from North Korea and has been my better half for as long as I could remember. Earning his title as my Beta since I entered high school and we have been inseparable since. I guess you could say he was sort of like a best friend.

Now it was above 90 degrees and it was only getting hotter by the second. I lifted my arms into the air sighing as the breeze cooled my body and that was my sign of defeat. Kicking my head back I gazed into the sky above me, being reminded of bright blue eyes always filled with curiosity. I missed Grayson, suddenly I found myself smiling. Man, he was unquestionably precious. Our date had been a total success if I do say so myself not to mention he's been steadily texting me since then but it's Thursday and that was Saturday, I was eager to be around him but I know going at his pace is all that matters.

Our school lives haven't changed as much, he still makes solid u-turns when he sees me in the hallway which is to my utter dismay. Although it's gonna take a lot more than shyness to make me lose any interest. I think I enjoyed this game of chase he was submitting me too. I felt a wicked grin grace my lips. Little did he know just how good I am with games.

" Hey Hili, stop daydreaming!" I felt the Air rushing towards me before the contact, reaching behind my back I caught the ball inches from my skin and tossed it to the side, opening my mouth to rebuttal.

" Don't shorten my last name asshole," I said grabbing my jersey and swinging it over my shoulders.

" I'm done for today dude it's 5 school ended 3 hours ago" I complained, placing my bag over my shoulders. he rolled his eyes, pulling off his helmet.

I watched in relief as he went to get his stuff and readied himself to go. Wiping most of the sweat from my body. I shook my head, allowing most of the water to leave my hair.

" Whatever, Jessica's been texting me nonstop anyways, gotta go, see you tomorrow tonight" He shouted running backward before he hauled ass. I watched in disbelief as it wasn't long before he was out of sight and the faint roar of his engine could be heard. Wow, makes me practice for hours just to ditch me after. Some friend.. shaking my head. My mind trailed back to him. I wonder what Grayson was up to? picking up my phone from the ground to see I had three text messages from him. Smiling to myself I unlocked my phone.

5:12' okay, have fun!"

5:42' hey, how's practice going? I might head back to the school I think I forgot something'
I raised a brow. He's coming back to school? I didn't even take a second to read the third text when I was checking the time and it read 6 o clock. I sighed, walking back to the lockers. The sun beating down harshly, I was covered in sweat. Although it was only Thursday I felt like it just the beginning of the week, checking the time once more I realized I might be a bit too late.

Damn, he might've already left.

I unlocked my phone to text him and ask if he was still here when I heard a door unlock. I ceased all movement, as the hair on my body rose, Training my ears on the distant movement. The footsteps alarmed my wolf and suddenly my claws were itching at the edge of my fingertips readying as a weapon, I furrowed my brows as an insatiable scent took over my sense before I was smiling wildly. I turned around on the bench, greeted by the most handsome face looking at me in surprise.

" dammit! I was trying to scare you" he said, laughing lightly. I couldn't believe my eyes, he's approaching me at school and casually at that, it was after school but I was still happy. I smiled a toothy grin, turning around fully on the bench to face him completely.