Chapter three

When the girl woke up, she could smell burning. But it wasn't a burn that sent heat up your nose. When she inhaled, her nostrils were chilled. She realised what it must be.

She stood up and looked around. The whole forest was alight with blue flames. Oh no, she thought. I must have still been on fire when I came into the woods.

Wait. She wasn't harmed by the flames. They could cover her and she wouldn't feel a thing. This would be the perfect place to practice and learn to contain her powers! She got straight to work, attempting to produce fire when she was not angry. She realised just an angry thought combined with lots of concentration could produce flames.

The first few nights, she found trees to sleep in, but after a while she became so good with her powers that she created a hut out of blue fire, which meant no one could come in when she closed the door. She could change the texture and intensity by the end of a week, so she created a bed and a pillow to add comfort to her wild lifestyle. By the end of a month, she could create animals, and made herself a Phoenix to keep as a pet. She called it blaze. She created herself wings, so she could fly. She could do anything. Anything at all.