Chapter 4

**Jasmines POV**

I sat my skateboard down as we sat in front of Splinter. "Listen closely, Jasmine, April. I don't remember a time before living in that laboratory." Splinter said as the boys sat down on the left of us as Splinter started the story. "That fateful night started like any other. Jasmine came to the lab after a fight. Sacks gave us our injections. Your father made sure our vital signs were strong. And you two, as always, provided us with a special treat." I chuckled as I remembered trying to feed the turtles pizza. "As usually Leonardo and Raphael would lean against the glass being protective of Jasmine after she had a fight. Then you guys would let us out of our cages for a while. Leonardo and Raphael would always follow Jasmine around the lab." I glanced over to the boys and saw Leo and Raph already looking at me.

"After the brothers went to sleep, I heard loud voices. There was the smell of smoke. Alarms sounded. Your father had discovered the truth behind the man he was working for. He set fire to the lab. His last breath was taken trying to destroy Shredder's plan. I was terrified." Splinter admitted. "But then, you two appeared. And ushered us to safety. And you Jasmine gave your bandanas for warmth." I remember Leo and Raph nuzzling my fingers confused before following their brothers. "I never had a voice then, but I thank you now, Jasmine and April." Splinter thanked us and I nodded.

"We wandered the sewers until I found this place. It was then that the mutagen that was injected into our blood began to change us in miraculous ways. I saw how your father loved you two and I knew I had to show that same love to the turtles. I became their father and they became my sons." I smiled at that. "Like all children, they were drawn to the distractions of popular culture. And I knew one day they would want to explore the world above. They would be ridiculed. They would need to learn to protect themselves, both mentally and physically." Splinter said.

"And then I found a way. First, I would teach myself the ancient art of Ninjutsu." Splinter said as his tail reached behind him and pull out a familiar book.

I covered my mouth as Splinter passed me my old Ninjutsu book. I took it from him and ran my fingers over the old cover while muttering "Oh mon Dieu" in French. "You found my old books" I said as I flipped through the pages a little before looking up as Splinter nodded at me.

"The brothers followed my lead, accelerating at a wondrous rate!" Splinter told us. "Their gift was also their passion. They lived, breathed and dreamed all things martial arts. Then, they were ready. Everything they are, and everything that they've become was made possible by the bravery that you two displayed on that fateful night." Splinter told us as I grabbed Aprils hand.

"We was just little girls." April told him.

"And you gave us freedom where others would have kept us in cages." Splinter told her.

"Wait a minute, Dad. All these years you told us we were rescued from the fire by a great guardian spirit, the Hogo-sha." Leo said kneeling down.

"That's right. And these two are the Hogo-sha." Splinter said gesturing to Me and April. Leo stood up and bowed and the others did the same.

"My girl friends totally the Hogo-sha." I heard Mikey whisper to Leo before Leo hit his arm "Ow!".

"How has the Mutagen affected you Jasmine." Splinter asked me remembering that I drank the mutagen.

"Oh, well I have enhanced senses, super strength, I'm bullet proof, I have this sword that just appeared one day." I said as I pulled out my sword and sat it in front of me. "And I can do this..." I said trailing off as I stood up and backed away so I wouldn't hit someone. I hit my rings together twice and closed my eyes as I made a X over my chest. I opened my eyes as I broke the X. And the whips formed in my hands and I knew my eyes were glowing.