Chapter 1

**Jasmine's POV**

**Jasmine's POV**

"Mr. Rivetti! Mr. Rivetti. Mr. Rivetti, please." April called after the worker as she jogged to catch up with him. 

"You're the most persistent human I've ever met in my life, I swear." The man said annoyed. "Look, I already told the cops everything, all right?" The man told her wanting to leave. 

"But maybe there's a detail you could've forgotten to share with the police." April said hopefully. 

"Sweetheart, you don't forget something like that. Ten guys storm in here, broad daylight, force us to the ground at gunpoint. And these are restricted chemicals. Benzyl cyanide and some deaminating agents, too. You don't just buy this stuff, even on the black market." The man told her hoping she'd leave.

"Wait, you said deaminating agents, those are used in genetic research. Is there anybody else that's trafficking these sort of chemicals besides you?" April asked he man writing his answers down quickly.

"There's one other high-security facility along this waterfront. But they don't move nearly as much cargo as we do." The man said as Vern looked at his watch. I looked over his shoulder to see it was 11:27.

"O'Neil!" I called out hoping she would hurry.

"We're live in 30 minutes! Come on!" Vern called over to her.

"Uh... No, no, no, I'll be right back. Please don't go anywhere. I'll be right back." She called back to him trying to get him to stay there. 

"Come on, you're killing me." Vern said as April ran over to us.

"I'm working." April told us as she came to a stop in front of us.

"That's a paying job?" I asked her sarcastically.

"No. Because we have an actual paying job. Look, you don't think that every crime reporter in the city isn't trying to work this Foot Clan story?" Vern answered my question before April could.

"I know that, but there is a new angle on this, and I am this close to getting it. I just need a couple of more..." She trailed off as halfway through her sentence the Man threw up his hands and started to walk away.