Chapter One: Disobedience

A young girl with long black hair and heterochromatic eyes, watches her mother sew her a new dress to go to the bookstore with her father tomorrow. The dress had been in progress for a few weeks now but now that it was closer to the final product - the little girl was in love with its astounding beauty. She wished to be like her mother one day, a professional seamstress.

"Mummy, can you teach me to sew one day?" the girl asks innocently, her red and brown eyes pleading with her mother.

Her mother laughs at her persistence because this was a commonly asked question, "my darling Rainette, you ask me this every time!" she says whilst laughing.

The little girl sways in her sitting spot and hums to herself as she continues watching the needle weave the threads of the dress together. The girl, also known as Rainette or Rain, loved watching her mother sew when her father was away.

Later that day, the dress was finally finished and Rain could not wait to slip the elegant pastel pink fabric on to her small frame.

Once the dress is on, she prances about their large home. Prancing up and down the stairs and all throughout each of the ten rooms of the house - giggling as she did so.

"I love my mummy, yes I do. I love my mummy and Papa does too. We're a good family, yes we are. We love each other all day long!" she sings this tune once she prances into the living room and plops back in front of her mother.

"You look so lovely my little rosebud" her mother smiles down at her as she sips on her tea cup beside her. She sips her tea as she watches her daughter rise once again and start prancing around the room. She swishes her dress back and forth as she prances and giggles as she looks at her mother.

"I feel so pretty Mummy!" the raven haired girl exclaims as she runs to her mother and engulfs her in a big hug. The mother hugs her daughter back with one hand and sets her tea cup down with the other.

Both of their heads turn towards the front door once it opens and they both gasp happily as they see the father walk into the home.

"Papa!" Rainette exclaims as she runs towards her father, arms extended towards him.

Voltamir Bradshire smiles at his daughter once he sees her running towards him. He sets his cleaning supplies down and catches her before she could collide with him. He picks her up and spins her around before putting her down. "How is my little rose today?" he asks his daughter with a smile.

"Look Papa!" Rainette twirls around, "Mummy made me a new dress!" she exclaims. Her father chuckles as he watches her spin around, "careful rosebud, you will make yourself dizzy" he warns her.

Rain stops her spinning and she looks up at her father, amazed at how perfect a father he was. She grabs his hand and skips with him back to the couch towards her mother.

"Do you not have a meeting with Lucifer today, my love?" Valerie Bradshire asks her dear husband.

Voltamir looks to his wife as he racks his brain and his eyes widen once he remembers his meeting with the Lord of Hell. "Thank you darling, I shall be back shortly" he smiles at them. He kisses them both on the head and leaves them to go to his study.

In the study, Voltamir cuts his hand and writes 666 on the mirror on the vanity. The mirror whirs and on the other side appears the Lord of Hell himself. His face is pale white and his dark hair shapes his chiseled jaw. He clears his throat and looks at his lackey.

"Voltamir! You were almost late" he scolds as he straightens his tie.

"Apologies my liege, shall we carry on with the meeting?" Voltamir asks.

"I suppose we shall. I have an inquiry involving your daughter" Lucifer says bluntly.

"Rainette? What could she possibly have to do with anything?"

"I wish for my son to marry her"

"Well; we could ask her when she is older. You are aware she ages quickly"

"I am aware but my son seems to have taken a liking to her"

"They are both still young, is this really a conversation we should be having right now?"

Lucifer chuckles, "you misunderstand. I am not asking for your permission, I am commanding you to let your daughter marry Lucius"

"I would not go against my daughter's wishes if she wished to marry someone else" and with that, Voltamir starts wiping the blood of the mirror. Lucifer shouts his name but to no avail - he loses contact with his lackey.

Voltamir sighs as he walks back into the living room and sits on the couch beside his wife. She questions him about the meeting but Voltamir tells her that it is nothing to discuss in front of their daughter. Therefore, they decide to change the discussion.

The family converses about the father's day at the bookstore and they share a few laughs about a couple of goofy customers who joked with the father today.

A knock comes to the front door of the home and Voltamir stands to go open it. Valerie, his wife, grabs his wrist in an attempt to stop him.

"Are you expecting visitors?" she asks, always the cautious type.

Voltamir places his hand atop his wife's, "darling. If someone knocks at our door, they might be inquiring about the bookstore - I simply must answer it" he tells his wife.

Rainette watches her father approach the door, a strange power dwelling within her but ready to pounce if the moment ever demanded it. She was no normal little girl. With her father being a demon and her mother being a human - a mixture of two bloods stirred within her veins, but which one would prevail in the future? Would her human side cease to exist or would her demonic powers dissipate?

Voltamir approaches the door and he opens it. His eyes go wide at the sight on the other side of the door and a glare soon takes over his features.