Chapter Two: Trauma

The door opens to reveal two men in demon hunting gear, spears at the ready - dripping with some kind of liquid. Voltamir attempts to close the door on the two men; but they are surprisingly stronger than he is and they burst through the door - sending Voltamir toppling to his behind.

"What do you want? Take any possessions you desire! Just leave us be!" he begs the two men.

The two women of the house watch as the man they loved so dearly attempts to plead with the intruders that now stood in their living room. The two men look to the women and one of the men goes wide-eyed once he spots the halfling child. "There, that's who the boss wants," the hunter says.

"My daughter? You shan't lay a hand on her" Voltamir stands, ready to defend his defenseless daughter at all costs. His begging was over, seeing as that the two men were not going to leave until they got what they came for.

"Give her to us and no one gets hurt" the other hunter says, attempting to bargain.

"I will not have my daughter sold to some imbecile who only wishes to hurt her" Voltamir glares at the two men - his crimson eyes glimmering in the candlelight.

The two men start chuckling at the demon standing in front of them.

"As the boss said, you would not give her up so easily" the first hunter says.

Voltamir looks back to his family and gives them a gentle smile, "Valerie, please take Rainette upstairs" he tells his wife.

Valerie nods and she escorts Rain to the stairs but they are stopped by the second hunter. Valerie holds Rain to her chest, cradling her there to shield her from the evil that plagued their home this night. "Touch her and you will regret it," she warns the hunter.

"A woman, attempting to threaten me!" the second hunter laughs hysterically.

Valerie glares and she looks back to her husband for help, for she was all out of ideas as how to get past this disease in front of her.

"Move..." Rain says quietly.

"What was that little lady?" the hunter asks, still laughing.

"I said...MOVE!" with that, a blue flame engulfs Valerie and Rain - protecting them from the hunter's touch.

"Her powers have ignited!" the second hunter exclaims as he backs away from the raging flame.

Rain grabs her mother's hand and rushes her up the stairs to the library in their home but she stops on the stairs once she hears her father pull his sword from its rack. She watches as her father elegantly fights the first hunter - parrying his every attack with his sword.

She was enthralled in the fight that she did not notice that the second hunter was walking towards her and her mother - spear at the ready.

He sticks the spear into the flame and just barely nicks Rain on the arm with it. It causes her skin to hiss and she screams, the flames dissipating quickly. The hunter grabs Valerie and puts a dagger up to her throat. Rain glares at him as she tries to lunge at the hunter's dagger but he is quick and slits Valerie's throat. Blood spurts on to Rain's face and she just stands there - bewildered at the event that just transpired.

As the hunter goes to grab the bloodied girl - Voltamir turns and much to his dismay, sees that his efforts are about to be in vain. "Rainette!" he yells his daughter's name. The little girl turns her head to her father's direction just in time to see the first hunter's spear pierce right through his chest.

"Papa!" Rainette screams as she watches steam come from her father's body - realizing that he had been poisoned with holy water.

Red flames engulf the young girl this time and once they dissipate - the girl's appearance has changed drastically.

Her eyes were no longer heterochromatic - they were both a deep blood red color and her straight black hair was now wavy and wild. She stands there for a few seconds, panting as her power consumes her.

"Die!!" she shrieks once she regains herself and she launches herself at the second hunter - ripping his heart from his chest. She tosses the heart at the end of the last step and she kicks the lifeless body in front of her. As it descends, she menacingly walks towards the first hunter.

"T-the power...you are much stronger than your f-father...the boss did not warn us about your powers as a hybrid..." the hunter stammers.

He whimpers at the terrifying child before him and he rushes towards the door, but escape was futile - as Rain had closed and locked the door with her newly found demonic power.

As she stands in front of her father's murderer, she smiles in a sinister way as she slowly raises her right hand. With one flick of her wrist - he is sent flying against the door and it knocks the breath right out of him.

"I-I am sorry that I killed your father...please let me go..." he begs.

Rain tilts her head to the side, "sorry does not mean anything when you are a murderer..." she says in a sickening sweet voice.

The demon hunter gulps as he stares down at the demon girl in front of him - completely terrified of her.

Rain moves her hand up slowly again but this time, she moves her hand in a claw like motion down the man's torso. Scratches tear his clothes and skin apart and blood quickly puddles underneath him. She drops his screaming, pathetic self to the ground and watches as his blood drains from his body.

With that, the demon girl, with the last of her power; snaps her fingers and the two demon hunter's bodies are gone from her home but their blood remains on the floor.

Rain falls to her knees as she regains control of her body and she looks up to see the horror in front of her. Tears well in her eyes as she rushes towards her father's body - which is impaled on a spear.

"Papa...Papa..." she sobs as she crashes to her knees in front of his body. She looks over to her mother's body on the stairs and she only cries harder as she sobs, "Mummy...Mummy...."

This little girl had nothing left, no one to turn to and nowhere to run to. She stands up and wipes her tears as she heads to the mortuary so she could get someone to help her bury her esteemed parents - for she was still only a little girl after all.