CHAPTER 5: Revealing Our Secrets

Lisa's POV

"I feel better now. Thanks to Jennie". If it wasn't for her, I would still be sick. Last night, she said we're going to have a stage play practice. I thought of a way so I wouldn't be able to attend practice. I'll pretend that my right foot hurts. I put bandage on it and use crutch to looked more real and convincing. "What a genius girl, Lalisa Manoban!", I said to myself with a brilliant smile. Then go to school.

(At the School Gym...)

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8! Seulgi! Why can't you do it right?!" "Kai! Look forward keep your arms up high!" "Feel the music and move gracefully." "Hey Irene! Hold your ass in. Turn!."  Rosé's voice buzzing all over the gym. I'm here at the main door, looking at them while practicing. They notice me now and look back at me. "You hurt your foot? What happened?" asked Rosé. "It just happened. I don't think I can do the play",  I pouted my lips and trying to looked hurt. "Asshole! You selfish son of a bitch" Jennie was irritated and turned back. "What the hell?!" I said and glared to her. Jennie suddenly act strange. "Jennie, what's wrong?" Rosé worriedly asked. Then she fainted. They hurriedly run to her. "Jennie! Are you okay?!" Kai said. "She must have an upset stomach", I said while laughing. They all look at me angrily. "Jennie! Please! Open your eyes!" Kai is now yelling. He's about to lift Jennie but I immediately pulled Jennie's body and put her on my back. "What the fucked are you doing?! Get off!" he said but I just ignore him and run fast as I could. "What the hell is happening to this girl?!" I whispered.

Jennie's POV

(At the hospital....)

When I woke up, I was in the hospital. I saw my grandfather and the doctor. "Jennie!" My grandpa look so worried. I get my phone and just play a game on it. "Grandpa, You can't force me. The choice is mine",I said. "But Jennie" he said. "I don't wanna die here. Still busy on my phone." You can't be stubborn about this" the doctor said. "It's my life. Why can't I?" My grandfather walked out. The doctor followed him. I put down my phone on the table. My mood suddenly changed. A moment of silence. I look out the window. "Let me live until the first snow comes". I whispered.

Meanwhile..............

Rosé's POV

"No visitor is allowed" I said to them. "Is it that bad?" asked Irene. "We can't see her then?" Kai said. I saw Jennie's grandfather. "Mr. Kim! How's Jennie? Is she okay?!" "She's okay now. Thank you for taking her  immediately to the hospital", Mr. Kim said. "Thanks to Lisa. She rushed Jennie here." I smiled. "Ow, that girl! Where she is? Tell her that I am very grateful to her. Will you?", an old man said and smiled at me. "She just left earlier. But I'll tell her when we meet! We have to go now, Mr. Kim". He nodded. I waved my hands and left.

Lisa's POV

(The next day, at the School.....)

I'm going down the stairs. Thinking if I should've text her or not. Typing....... "I know you're faking it. Get out to that fucking hospital".  I'm about to send the message but then, I erased it. I stopped walking when I heard someone talking.
"Your right foot is fine", she said and walk towards me. "Yah! What's wrong with you? You couldn't send me a message if you were okay or not. How could you collapsed from practicing? Quit now! Understand?" I ordered and she just smiled at me. "Those words are nice." She is now moving closer to me and hold my face. I surprisingly shocked and I think my face blushed at this very moment. (My body freeze and can't move. What the hell is wrong with me?!) I took her hands away from my face. "Yah! I'm not concerned anyway. Don't be mistaken". "Okay" she said and still smiling. Jennie walk away from me and leave. "And you'll also quit working at the store!" I shouted from a distance. "I don't know. I'll see. By the way, come to our practice later. " she answered.

Jennie's POV

We just finished practicing the musical play. As I walk, I didn't notice that I am here now at the artwork room studio. I go inside. I remember my grandmother again. I missed her so much. I miss painting too. Suddenly, my tears dripping down on my face. The paintings here were beautiful. You can feel different kinds of emotions by just seeing them. "What are you doing here?" I immediately wiped away my tears. "I just passed out" I answered quickly. "Are you crying?" Lisa asked and come inside. "No, I'm not" I said. "Okay, if you say so". Instead of looking at me, her eyes focus on the paintings. We're just staring silently at the paintings when she ask me suddenly..."Do you know how to paint?" I didn't answer immediately. "Hey, I'm asking" "Yes." I sparingly answer. "Do you still paint?". She's still staring at those paintings. "Back then" She nodded. "I chose to stopped when my grandmother died." I also ask her. "How about you?" "Yeah! But just like you, I also stopped—12 years ago." "Why?" I ask her again. "Because my parents died from a car accident. I'm only the one who survived." I was extremely shocked from what she said. "I'm sorry. I didn't know." "No, It's okay. You don't have to". She's now looking at me and smiled, but her eyes seemed so sad. She quickly looked away from me when she felt that I was looking into her eyes.

"Take a look at this painting. What can you say to it?" I said while looking at the painting of a lady. But she didn't seem to care of what I've said. So I asked her again.

"Is it Pretty?" "What?!" And now she's back to sense

"Is it Pretty?" "What?!" And now she's back to sense. "You can't take your eyes of my face" I giggled but still looking at the painting. "Yah! I wasn't looking at you because you're pretty!" she deeply sighed. "Your hair smell like shit. I can't even breathe." I left her. "Yah! Where are you going?" she said. "Somewhere" I kept on walking. "Did I offend you? Okay, I'm sorry for what I've said." Then she followed me. "Wait for me! I'll come with you!"

(At the Orphanage...)

"Yah! Not going home?!", she asked. Then suddenly my grandfather come outside. She vowed at him and ask my grandfather..."You again?! What are you doing here?" "I'm the head of this orphanage" my grandpa answered. "You shouldn't be out for so long.", my grandpa said to me. "Grandpa, don't be so nag." "Come here. Eat with us.",she invited Lisa and go inside. I looked at her. "He's your grandfather?! You should've told me! I thought he's a gardener! The hell! It's so embarrassing!" she sighed deeply and I just smiled to her. "It's okay. I know how you feel." "How do I feel?" "You're sorry for me because you already know that I'm an orphan. Thanks for taking me home." I smile at her and go inside. "Yah! I don't feel sorry for you!", she shouted. Making me look back at her and continue speaking. "I don't have parents, either!". We look to each other for a while. (Her eyes are sad again.) "Tell to your grandfather that I'm thankful for inviting me for dinner but I'm not yet hungry." Then she left.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys! What do you feel about the conversation of JenLisa at the artwork studio? 🥺😔✊🏻
Send hugs to both of them. 🤗❤️