Kisses and Lies

*********************************

Hardin and Belle are laying beside each other in the bed, about three inches of space between them. Belle is wearing a blue striped button up shirt and just her underwear. Hardin in black boxers and no shirt. They both awkwardly face the ceiling, it being so silent in the room that you could hear a pin drop.

"Good night." Belle says.

"Good night." He responds. More awkward silence surrounds them. Belle sighs softly and turns on her side to face Hardin. He turns his head to look at her.

"Um...I'm gonna leave early in the morning to--to head out of town." Belle mutters. Hardin turns on his left side to face her. Belle shifts slightly so they aren't so close, but even then she can feel his body heat.

"Okay. Thank you for staying tonight." Hardin tells her, a lighthearted smile on his face.

"Thanks for having me." Belle says, smiling softly. Hardin's smile gets wider, one dimple popping out. He reaches his hand up to brush a strand of Belle's hair from her face, before freezing mid air and dropping his hand.

"Sorry." Hardin apologizes. Belle's breath hitches.

"No. No, it's-- that's okay." She says, softly. Hardin reaches his hand back up to brush the strand of hair behind Belle's ear. He keeps his hand on the side of her head and gently plays with her hair. Belle closes her eyes as Hardin caresses her jawline with pad of his thumb, before setting his hand on her shoulder and massaging it.

"That feels nice." Belle grins at him.

"Does it?" Hardin questions, still lightly massaging her shoulder.

"Mm-hmm." Belle hums. She shifts to lay back on her back and stare up at the ceiling again. Hardin's hand drops to her stomach. He slides it down the flat of her stomach, stopping at her belly button. He slides open the unbuttoned pieces of her shirt to expose the fair skin.

"Did you have a nice birthday?" Hardin asks her, still rubbing her stomach.

"Yeah, I did. And thank you again for the...gift, it was really thoughtful. I found it when I was getting my stuff." Belle tells him, trying not to focus on his fingers that were sliding dangerously close to the band of her pink cotton underwear.