It's happening again!

BEFORE 3 DAYS

Shivaay didn't know tracking Anika would be so much easier with social media. He got the image of her in the first step of the research itself; they did a simple Google search with her name, Anika Srinath, and her images appeared in Google results. She was not the girl he knew; a simple T-shirt and jeans changed into professional clothing with blazers, and her long shiny free hair changed into a hair bun. There were a lot of changes in her postures; she was not even smiling in any of those pictures clicked by the paparazzi. And he badly started missing her smile in the pictures. He downloaded a couple of her images and viewed them whenever he missed her. On the other hand, Om tried to track her address but couldn't find it. Some sources said she's living in the UK, taking care of her mother's business, and some said she's in Chennai, taking care of her father's business, but she was active on both, which even confused him.

He shared it with Shivaay when he didn't find any other way to track her down. Shivaay didn't expect Anika to be this big entrepreneur. The more he gets to know about her, the more amazed he becomes. He read the article about her parents' sudden death and how the responsibility of the whole business of her mother and father, including the responsibility of her sister, came to her. Most of the business circle didn't expect that she would shine like a diamond in between the gold. And Shivaay felt proud in the corner of his heart. But at the same time, he felt scared because of her rapid growth but continued to search for her.

"Did you find anything?" - He asked Om with the hope that he would find something about her.

"I couldn't find her address. But..." - Om said while gazing at his phone.

"But what?" - Shivaay asked him out of patience.

"I know where she will be after three days." - Om said with a smile. Shivaay couldn't believe his own stars when he heard that for sure.

"Where?" - Shivaay asked with all his hope.

"Bangalore; she's hosting a party for all her investors. Her company just updated it on their website." - Om said with a smile. Tears clouded in Shivaay's eyes. He didn't wait for a moment to hug and thank him for the help.

******************

Present day

Anika was stuck when she was informed about Shivaay waiting in the lobby for her. Her manager also said that he forcefully tried to enter the party without the proper invitation and was stopped by the security guards. When her manager asked him to leave, he threatened that he would call the press and create chaos if Anika didn't meet him personally. Hearing these things from her manager, Anika couldn't stop her tears from clouding her eyes, blurring her vision. Why did he always behave like this with her? Was she a toy for him? The tears that escaped from her eyes were the outcome of the pain she was suffering because of him. And now, she was left with no option other than to meet him.

"Let's go!" - Anika said to her manager without meeting his eyes and proceeded her way towards the exit. Her legs went weak, but she walked straight with confidence. Her eyelids were straight looking at the way, but her legs automatically went slow when his desperate tired eyelids matched with hers. He was wearing a casual T-shirt with a denim blazer. His eyes went wide and welled up when she moved close to him. Soon she could find the expression in his eyes changed into anger as the distance decreased.

She smiled in her thought how even after 2 years, she could be able to catch his vibe about his mood. But he remained composed and stood up from his couch when she approached. She stayed silent, looking at him. He didn't speak a word for a while but continued to gaze at her.

"725 days." - He heard his base voice, which missed some sort of huskiness in it. Her inner organs slightly jerked with his tone. She was hearing him talking after 725 days. He was in his confused state seeing her in this place. Tears welled up in her eyes, realizing how much he still affected her. This time, she couldn't stop herself from escaping it. Keeping her palms on his nose, she tried to blink away the tears. Even his eyes got welled up. When he raised his hand to wipe the tears, she stopped him.

"Why? Why did you come here?" - Anika finally managed to ask.

"This is what you left me to ask after 2 long years, honey underscore love twenty-two (honey_love22). Simple, I will call you by your real name, Anika Srinath." - His tone slightly went rude hearing her questions. While then, a waiter who took the empty glasses from the party slightly hit her shoulder, which made her fall above him due to the imbalanced heels she was wearing. He resisted her from falling, holding her forearms.

"ARE YOU BLIND, YOU PI..." - Shivaay stopped when Anika held his palm when he was about to swear for hitting Anika. She nodded no to him. Hearing her, Shivaay let him go. Their forearms were still in an intertwined state.

"Are you okay?" - He asked her with concern, caressing her face. She hummed.

"You shouldn't have worn these uncomfortable heels," - He said to her.

"It was just a part of this outfit. Only for a few hours." - Anika bothered to reply. Nodding in disbelief, he made her sit on the couch, and Shivaay took the seat on the table opposite her, holding her toes to his lap. She was stunned by his act. He did it a couple of times, but she never expected him to do the same now. He stopped the heels from hurting her by loosening the belt. But how could she tell him to stop scratching the wound that he created in her heart by showing up to her? She cried inside her thoughts. But nothing was heard by him.

"Check now!" - He asked her, holding her palms to stand up. She nodded positively to him.

"So!" - He asked him. Over then, one of her clients arrived from the entrance and greeted her with a casual hug. Shivaay lowered his eyelids to the ground. She later realized that Shivaay wasn't comfortable with his gesture with her.

"Hey, you're Shivaay, right?" - That person recognized Shivaay. He passed a fake smile to him and extended his hand for a handshake. Looking at him, Anika thanked God that he didn't break his hand for hugging her.

"Anika, is he invited to the party?" - He asked her with a wide smile. It was a teasing dialogue. Anika could catch his vibe. He wanted her to remember that this party is only for business clients. And the cheap look on his face of getting her caught red-handed, she looked at Shivaay and smiled at him.

"Shivaay, this is Sharath. Remember I told you about him? Even you asked whether it's the same airline guy who ended up selling the shares to us. Remember," - Anika asked casually, like nothing happened, while touching Shivaay's forearm. Initially, Shivaay was confused, but soon understood her vibe and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"Yeah, baby! Is that you? I wanted to meet you for a long time, and look finally met. It's nice to meet you, Sharath." - Shivaay greeted him with a smile. Sharath's face faded down, and the cheap look on his face went nowhere.

"It's nice to meet you, too." - He said and looked at Anika.

"You go inside; I will join you in a minute." - Anika said and turned her face completely to Shivaay, ignoring him.

"Shivaay! I should go!" - Anika said, taking her room key out from her purse.

"Till then, wait for me. This is not the right place to talk." - Anika continued while Shivaay took the key from her hand and nodded yes to her. But before he left, he pulled her to him and hugged her. She didn't respond, but he hugged her tightly.

"I already waited a lot. Don't take a long time, okay?" - He asked her. She didn't respond, but she went back to the party while Shivaay proceeded his way inside the hotel to her room.

************