Chapter 1.

Esther's POV:

I was enjoying myself, roaming the village to my content, minding my own business, when a tall, mysterious, slightly older boy approached me. I studied the stranger, taking in his features and not saying a word.

He had long, black, floppy hair, cold blue eyes, pale skin and a long, tall body. I, not wanting to associate with him, turned to walk away but he grabbed my tiny hand, stopping her in her tracks.

He looked at me with his pierced blue eyes and whispered"Would you like some candy, little girl?" In a deep, slightly raspy voice.

Something about him compelled me and I nodded slowly as he proceeded to pull me, following after him. The stranger lead me through many alleyways, and took random twists and turns, leaving me scared, confused, and lost, unsure of where they where and how to get back to her home.

Finally, we stopped. My legs were aching and my breathing was heavy from all the walking. He let go of my hand and walked away, stopping a few paces in front of her, his back to her. When the stranger turned back around, she noticed he had long sharp fangs and dark blood red eyes.

I slowly backed away in horror and screaming loudly. She was sure her scream could be heard for miles.
~
I let out another scream, falling out of my bed and waking from my nightmare. My fingers grasp at my neck, remembering the curse he gave me and I start to cry. Through blurred eyes, I look around my room and see that I'm alone.

With that thought in mind, I slowly calm down and get up to get ready for school.

*~*~*

When I get to school it's the same as every day, full of people I couldn't care less about and the noisy sound of several teenagers spreading rumors. Today, as I walk into school, I hear that the hottest news at the moment is rumors of a "hot" new kid.

As if. That can't be possible. We haven't had a new student here in years. But, when I get to class, I see that the rumors are true; there is indeed a new kid. I walk slowly to my desk and study his features. He has white hair that his deep tan makes stand out more, mouth-watering muscles, and . . . Strange colored eyes. I can't quite put the color down. They seem an amber, or a purple, but also kind of red. There's definitely something off about him, and not just his eye color. A smile quirks my lips up as a single thought goes through my head: it's time to investigate.

For the whole class period, I block out the teacher, too busy thinking of other things, like the strange new boy. When class is over, I'm the last to leave. When I finally leave, I barely catch a glimpse of him turning a hallway corner.

"Stalker mode activated," I whisper to myself. grinning evilly.

I follow him through the school's hallways and then outside. I continue to follow despite the fact that I'm definitely going to miss my next class, choosing to solve this mystery boy here and now. My legs start aching and I sigh. He's leading me in circles. The bell for next period had already rung several minutes ago and I wonder why he left school grounds. I wonder if he realizes how bad it's going to look for him to be skipping school on his first day there. There's definitely something different going on here and I'm determined to find out. I wonder to myself if he knows that I'm following him.

At this point, we've crossed into a part of town I don't really recognize. Suddenly, he comes to an abrupt stop. I look around after jumping behind a tree and see we have come to a stop at a creepy mansion. Chills chase each other up and down my spine. He enters the mansion and, despite my mind screaming at me to run, I creep up to the buildings windows and look in.