Ch.6

"It's William and Ahad." She said.
All of us were confused and in shock. Everyone looks at me and William.
"Obviously since William isn't old enough, he can't donate that much blood. That leaves you Ahad."
"How much does he have to donate?" Chloe asked.
"At least 3 and a quarter pints."
"What? Ahad that's a lot. You can't miss your training camp. It starts in a few weeks." Chloe said to me.
"Ahad you and won't be able to play hockey. You'll need to rest."
"Yes Ahad. That's correct. You'll have to sit out and relax for at least 5 weeks."
"I don't care. As long as it helps Madison I'll do it." I said. I walked up to the doctor. I rolled up my sleeve and say,
"Where do we go?" The doctor looks past me and stares at Chloe and the others. I turn around and they all just stared back.
"Alright Ahad. Follow me."
"Chloe before I go call my agent and tell him ok?" She laughs and says
"Ok Ahad. I will." She hugs me.
I continue going though the line and get to Madison's mom.
"Ahad. You are the best. I don't know how to repay you. You are truly a son to me."
"I have one idea." I pull out the ring. All the girls gasp.
"Oh my god Ahad. No way!" Michelle said.
"Yeah." I reply. I got more hugs.
"You sly bastard." Steven says and laughs.
"So I'm allowed to?"
"Of course man." I look back at Madison's mom.
"Give this to her when she wakes up."
"I will Ahad. Congratulations."
"Thank you." We hug one more time and I follow the doctor.
"Congratulations Ahad."
"Thanks Doc. How many people have done that before?"
"Uhh not many that I know of."
We both laugh. But we both stop because we both knew things were getting serious at this moment. I start thinking bad thoughts.
'What if that's not enough blood?'
'What if it's too late?'

I tried staying positive and hopeful.
"Ok Ahad. Sit right here. I have to go get the papers that you'll need to sign."
I sat on the chair. Waiting. Patiently. A few minutes later she came back.
"Ok Ahad. Here you go." She hands the papers to me.
"Read it sign it and hand it to the nurse over there. Don't worry Ahad. You and Madison will be fine."
"Thanks Doc." I replied. I read the papers and signed them. I handed the papers to the nurse and she said.
"Ok. Looks good. Follow me and we'll be taking 3 pints of blood. Alright?"
"Yeah. Yeah. Let's go." I say.
I follow the nurse and I sit down in the chair.
"Ok Ahad. As I said before I will be taking 3 pints."
"Ok."
"I'm starting now. You'll feel a little pinch..." Then she started taking blood. She did this two more times.

"Ok Ahad. Here's some juice to energize you up again. Just sit here for a few minutes. Call me over if you feel dizzy or nauseous. Ok?"
"Ok. Thank you I will."
"Alright." She gets up and walks away.
i just sat there on my phone waiting. I look at my phone and I get a text it was from Tommy.
'3 PINTS! REALLY! HOW? WHY?'
'Tommy listen. This is for Madison ok? I needed to do this for her. I know she would do this for me too.'
'Listen I understand but you're now gonna need to rest and you're gonna miss the training camp. I don't know if the Kings will allow you to play.'
'You can try right man?'
'.... Yes. But you owe me BIG TIME'
'you're the best Tommy 👍'
'Yeah yeah.'
All of a sudden the doctors came in.
"Ahad we need you to come with us."
"What?...why? Is it Madison? IS SHE ALRIGHT?" I said getting worried.
"Just come follow us." I got up and felt a little dizzy.
"Woah. Are you ok?"
"Yeah yeah I'm fine lets go."
I follow them and rush to Madison's room. Everyone was there. Madison's mom crying beside her bed with her husband also in tears. Steven and Michelle were in the corner of the room holding William and each other. Chloe was standing on the opposite side of the Madison's parents. She turned around. I could see her mascara running down her face. We both walk up to each other and she grabs me.
"Ahad! Ahad! She's.. Shes...." She bursted into tears. I immediately hugged her back and try to calm her down. I wanted to stay strong for her and everyone else but it was tough.
"Listen Chloe...she's ... She's" I didn't finish the sentence. I just hugged her. None of us moved and we didn't want to.