Chapter 2: Welcome Back, Welcome Home

"You planned this, didn't you?"

Tadashi didn't respond. He was feeling guilty and so he don't know what exactly to reply to the younger's question.

"You did this on purpose."

Reki's voice was once again heard inside the car. However, Tadashi still didn't reply.

When the car was successfully parked, the two didn't leave the car. Instead, they both stayed in silence and that silence was broken by Reki yet again.

"Of course you did. For four straight years, you've been telling me to go back here and reunite with my friends again," Reki softly said. He was still looking outside the window. "Honestly, I do have the right to be angry at you because of what you did. But I don't know, I can't seem to bring myself to be angry at you at all."

"I even think it's not good to be angry to you. After all, what you did was something that'll be of help to me," Reki continued. "I'm probably just angry to myself and just keeps on denying it."

"It has been six years already since you left. How long are you still going to hide from them?" Tadashi asked.

Reki was startled because of Tadashi's question. His body went stiff and was uttered speechless. He doesn't know what to reply.

Reki forced himself to be calm. It took more than three minutes before Reki replied, which Tadashi doesn't mind.

"Who said I was hiding from them? Have you forgotten already? We message each other and would sometimes make a call," Reki said.

"I just don't want to face them. I'm afraid of facing everyone," Reki continued. "I was after all the reason why─"

Reki didn't get to finish his sentence when the older cut his words.

"You're still blaming yourself? It's fine if you're feeling depressed once you found out that you're being compared to your bestfriend. What's wrong is that, you, blaming yourself of everything what had happened," Tadashi said.

"Well, it is indeed wrong of you to push Miya," Tadashi added. He glanced at the young man sitting on the passenger seat. "The kid didn't know what happened to you. He didn't even know what happened between you and Langa. The kid was clueless. He was affected by what happened and he really deserve to know.

"However, Reki, stop blaming yourself. No one wanted that to happen in the first place. Didn't the three of you on a good shape before you left? Though leaving was actually unnecessary but you still did and I didn't stop you because I thought you won't be gone for too long.

"You really should try opening up to your friends. Other than your family, you have friends who got your back, who are willing to listen to you."

Tadashi faced Reki who was now looking down. The latter was obviously feeling blue and Tadashi could only smile bitterly. He ruffled Reki's hair.

The young man raised his head and it wss only at that moment that Tadashi found out Reki was actually silently crying. His chest tightened.

"Cheer up. Everyone's here for you." Tadashi smiled.

"Also, you look ugly when you're crying," Tadashi added.

Reki, who was still crying, glared at the older man before him. He averted his gaze from Tadashi. He crossed his arms as he leaned back on his seat.

"Like seriously, until now I'm still wondering who started the rumor that you're a man of few words." Reki sighed.

Tadashi's laugh was heard inside the car.

"You should stop believing what the rumors say. It'll only make you misunderstood things," Tadashi stated.

He raised both his hands and slightly turned Reki's head to face him.

"You really should stop crying. It'll only make you look uglier."

Using his thumbs, Tadashi wiped Reki's tears away. Reki wanted to retort to what Tadashi said but he decided not to instead. He let the older man continue what's he's doing.

A few minutes after, Tadashi stopped what he's doing but didn't take back his hands from Reki's face. He examined the latter's face and then stared at Reki's eyes which were sparkling because of the tears.

"Welcome back, Reki. Welcome home."

It has been an hour since Tadashi went out the car. Reki, who was left inside the car, was in a daze since the older man left.

The words Tadashi said to him kept on repeating in his mind. Reki can't seem to forget them and he can't stop thinking about it at all.

Reki finally raised his head. He looked outside the window yet again and was met with the familiar environment. His mouth slightly curved up, revealing a bitter smile.

"Home huh," he mumbled.

Reki diverted his gazes to the screen of the laptop Tadashi handed him before the latter went out the car. The screen was revealing a live video.

Reki saw a very familiar face and he doesn't know what exactly to feel. He can't seem to understand what he's currently feeling. He seems to be confused but Reki was certain of one thing: he's happy.

Reki touched the screen of the laptop when the very familiar face was shown.

"I'm home, Langa."

──────────────

NOTE: Yes. I believe in talkative Tadashi supremacy. Tadashi being talkative means we'll get to hear his voice more often. UWU

RANDOM QUESTION: Are you interested in reading a Mr. Ainosuke x Secretary Tadashi Rated 18+ fanfiction story?