4. Been Thinking About

JEONGYEON's POV

5 years ago...

The name of someone lingers in her head longer than she intended. It particularly sounds so beautiful to her that she thinks it's almost perfect, a perfect fit for his perfect personality. She can't deny she likes him, that is why she can be crazy over silly little things even just about his name. "I can stare at him all day." She uses to say quietly to herself. However, she is beating around the bush hiding her true feelings making sure not to let anyone notice even her friends especially [him].

"We are not even friends why the heck am I overthinking?" Is the hundredth time she asked herself the same question repeatedly in the past few days yet she always finds herself thinking about him. It's been bothering her, most time it gave her strength but sometimes it's too much that she loses focus on what's happening around her.

And she can't blame him either when all he did was stare at her during practices or when they meet at work. And it's not like she is the only girl in the room but every time they are doing choreography on stage she will catch a glimpse of him watching her, and it gave her butterflies, "That stupid smile of his." She thought.

"Good job everyone, all dismiss!" The coach gladly announce and everyone in the room sigh in relief, some staff gave short but loud claps, and the other members still catching their breath. Finally, they are done with the rehearsals for the upcoming SBS Music Award. Year ends can be so tiring for most idols wherein the award shows and practices are held one after another.

Jeongyeon on the other hand with her usual [I don't care] face is pretty sure mind completely occupied, "Earth to Yoo Jeongyeon??" Nayeon sarcastically said and nudges her slightly careful not to touch each other for too long because of the sticky sweat caused by continuous dancing, "I've been calling you since we got here, are you okay?" She asked. Jeongyeon snapped out of reality and realized they are already backstage in the waiting room designated for TWICE, "Yes I'm fine." She shortly replied. Nayeon was supposed to ask more questions when Jeongyeon unapologetically excused herself to take the restroom and Nayeon mindlessly nodded "Of course.".

Jeongyeon is now walking back to their room but someone caught up to her and held her left arm, she then turns around only to find Chaeyoung grinning widely at her. "What the heck- you scared the shit out of me! Don't do that again." She can't help but roll her eyes at her. "You are funny, I was calling out on you but you are too busy, who is the lucky guy anyway?" Chae smoothly remarked unaware of Jeongyeon's true feelings. Jeongyeon then started to question herself "Am I that obvious? I'm not even sure if I like him, we never talked to each other." which actually saddens her every time she remembers that. She wants to approach him so badly, she wants to talk to him but she's too shy to make a move. "Yup, it's nothing, I'll just try to get over him quickly." she decided.

"Chae, stop it, I was just thinking about that mistake I made on the steps, it's too embarrassing," Jeongyeon answered. "But that's okay unnie, you still got it in the end, nothing more to worry about." Jeongyeon just smile and nodded not wanting Chaeyoung to bombard her with questions about her love life, she wants to throw up at the word [love life].

"Oh, finally she's here." Nayeon sneered and everyone in the room looks over at the door where they are currently standing, even some of the managers and staff are looking at them with eyes full of anticipation.

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung just got back in the room when suddenly Momo handed her a paper bag with an expensive brand printed on it, "Open it, palli." No matter how confused Jeongyeon is it feels like she doesn't have much choice when everyone is waiting for her, at that moment she felt like the main character, she is the focus of everyone's attention inside that room, waiting for the magic to unfold, carefully she took out the box rested inside the bag.

When she opened it unlike the shocked faces of her friends she has a baffled face, thoughts start to form inside her head, she asked "Who gave me this?" Jihyo simply answered, "We don't know. One of the production staff handed it over, but she didn't give a name from where it came from." Curiosity grows in her, as she began to check the watch she is currently holding, she also began to contemplate if they got the right name or they just mistook it and thought that it was for her, it's not her birthday either or any occasion of that sort, it is a weird timing to receive such gifts.

But she notices one thing at the back of the watch a very small letter curve out by the name she's been thinking about the whole day, written as the one and only, Park Jimin.