Chapter 6

The rain began to die down a bit and the sun began to peek out from behind the clouds.  "Well we should probably get you home," He said while helping her to her feet, Isabelle wavered a bit trying to regain her ability to walk.  Without a word, Liam picked her up and carried her towards a car.  Somehow Isabelle ended up in his car but she couldn't remember.  She suddenly felt really tired and curled up in the passenger seat.  She felt a hand touch her shoulder and she jumped and opened her eyes.  "Sorry," he said, "but I don't know where you live."  He handed Isabelle a piece of paper and she shakily scribbled the address.  Leaning back against the seat she let her eyes become heavy as she drifted off.  What seemed like minutes, she felt herself being picked up and someone was carrying her.  She heard a woman scream her name and footsteps came closer.

Isabelle opened her eyes to see her aunt running down the walkway towards them.  She looked scared.  "What happened?!" She screamed.  Liam was quick to calm her down a bit, "It's okay, she's okay, she just fell and hit her head."  Her aunt relaxed a little but was still worried.  She let Liam into the house and showed him to Isabelle's room.  Liam laid Isabelle down on her bed while her aunt covered her with covers.  The footsteps retreated away and Isabelle heard them talking downstairs before she drifted off again.

"Thank you so much for helping her.. I'm Ms. Anderson"

"It was no problem, I couldn't leave her like that.  My name is Liam...  ...have a nice day"

that was all Isabelle remembered until she awoke several hours later.  She had a splitting headache and she felt disgusting.  She crawled her way to the bathroom and squinted as the bright light blinded her.  She looked at herself in the mirror, she looked horrible.  She realized she was still wearing Liam's jacket.  She took it off and hung it on the wall and then got the shower ready.  She allowed the water of the shower to wash away everything from the day.  After her shower Isabelle wandered back to her room and crawled right back into bed.  

The next day she was awoken by a hand shaking her awake.

"C'mon Isabelle," the voice whispered, "time for school,"  Isabelle wanted to fight back but knew she had no choice.  She had to go back and face everyone at school.

15 minutes later Isabelle was on the bus headphones in and staring out of the window.