oh boy ➪ ch. 13

"you have a lot of explaining to do ricky" his dad scolded as they left his room. ricky sighed, "yeah i know" he say scrunching his face. "well, go ahead. start explaining". how was he going to explain this? here goes nothing. he explained the whole nini situation to his father. (mike was relieved that he'd broken up with alice. he never did like her). "oh and one more thing bud," at his fathers words ricky turned his head. "tell her before it's too late" and ricky knew exactly what his father was talking about. his cheeks flushed. "im that obvious?" he said playing with his fingers. "yes and come on son. known you your whole life. i know your lovesick eyes". ricky laughed at his father's choice of words. "i will...and i know exactly how i'll do it". "oh and before i forget, i'm staying at nini's" he said making his dad turn around. "wow you really don't like me huh" his dad said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "no, i love you. and i haven't hung out with nini in like a year. i miss her." "that's adorable, i love you too. now go back to your girlfriend" mike shooed him. "i-" was all ricky could get out making his dad laugh. nini had heard vaguely a few words of their conversation. mostly just when mike said; now go back to your girlfriend. she had rosey pink cheeks when ricky walked in. "so, we're all packed. we can leave if you'd like" he said moving the hair from her face. she cleared her throat still thinking about his father's comment. "yeah sure" she smiled. he took her hand in his and they left to nini's. "let's take a nap" ricky said getting under her covers. "sure" nini got into the bed. "wait, i have a question first" nini said making him turn to face her. "shoot" he spoke. "how's everything with you're parents? i saw your face the other day, i know that face" she spoke trying to get him to talk. "oh uh, that. kinda wanted to forgets that" "you don't have to talk if you don't want to-" "it's ok". she nodded for him to continue. "she was there that morning. i told her off and left." he laughed. "just know that i'm always here if you need me" she smiled. "same here". his back faced her as she tried to sleep. once she thought he was asleep she sat up a bit. "im sorry, i know that you always tell me that you'll stay. but i don't believe you. and it's not you're fault it's mine. because you left once and that means it could happen again. i feel like everyone's just gonna leave one day and i'm gonna be all alone with no escape. in my book i'm being over dramatic. and i shouldn't be crying right now because i have no right to. my life is better than a lot of other people's. i have a house. a bed. food. and i'm grateful for all of those things. i'm happy with all of them. and you're here right now, with me. right next to me. yet i still feel like you're 100 miles away. i'm scared that you'll leave when i need you the most, again. i'll miss you when you're gone. i hope you'll miss me too" she spoke in a complete whisper as she sobbed. she covered her mouth and faced the other was so the sound wouldn't be too loud. "hey no, no crying. come here" she turned over and faced him. "you heard me?" she said through tears. "of course". "im sorry" she said as she cried in his chest. "i'll always be here neens, no matter what" he said quietly. and for the first time, she believed him.
__________________________________
(word count: 641) ughhh i feel bad for my lil nina, 🥺🥺 n e wayz, hope you enjoyed have a good day/night! 💜🧚‍♀️

(sorry for any grammatical errors!)