Jiang Cheng Swears

A day already passed by since the talk with Lan Zhan and Wei Ying still can't believe it.

In conclusion Lan Wangji is in love with Nie Huaisang.

Or so Wei Ying believes it to be.

"OI WEI WUXIAN WE'RE GONNA BE LATE YOU ASSHOLE!" Jiang Cheng shouted from downstairs who got scolded by Jiang Yanli in return who was preparing breakfast for the four of them, if only Madam Yu and Jiang Fengmian was with them Jiang Cheng would surely kneel in the middle of the family garden for hours like old times but luckily both of them went on a 'vacation' with the Jins that lasts for five months which is really shocking and left a few disagreements considering not only Jiang Cheng, Jiang Yanli and Wei Ying are left behind but the peacock or now known as Jiang Yanli's fiancé is with them as well.

"Aish Jiang Cheng stop shouting" Wei Ying bemoaned as he trudged his way downstairs, bag in hand. "You look like you're dead" Jin Zixuan commented gaining a few glares from both Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying while Jiang Yanli on the other hand only laughed in amusement at her siblings and fiancé's interactions "Come on now! I prepared your favorites for today so let's all eat before we go to our destinations alright?" She smiled at the three men who agreed and went to the kitchen to eat breakfast.

Soon enough Wei Ying found himself enjoying his A-Jie's Lotus Pork Rib Soup, not caring to take a glance at the peacock or even at Jiang Cheng, after all the thought of Lan Zhan having a crush on his friend is still fresh in Wei Ying's mind...of course he hadn't told Lan Zhan about his guess since he still has to prove it or see it himself.

"-Xian...A-Xian?" His A-Jie's voice snapped him out of his thoughts "Yes Jiejie?" He quickly answered, looking up at Jiang Yanli who gave him a look "Is something bothering you A-Xian?" She asked back "This probably concerns about a certain stuck up lan Wangji" Jiang Cheng added into the conversation which Wei Ying finds really weird "That's not true!" Wei Ying exclaimed.

"Really? Then why the Hell do you keep mumbling 'Lan Zhan' in your sleep?" Jiang Cheng shoots back "A-Cheng" Jiang Yanli warned "Sorry A-Jie" Jiang Cheng replied.

"Now A-Xian, would you mind telling the three of us what happened last night?" Yanli asked with a smile and Wei Ying has no choice but to spill everything to them, I mean who can say no to his A-Jie? God knows what his sister is capable of doing. So he started off with the rumors spreading in campus then to those said rumors to be true and lastly the guesses to who's the lucky person.

"Why the fuck did you think it was me?" Jiang Cheng asked "Aish Jiang Cheng it's just a joke! What's the big deal with that?" Wei Ying answered back "But you were serious on the second time you said it" and before the two of them can start firing words at each other Jiang Yanli being the Saint she is decided to break the tension.

"A-Xian aside from A-Cheng who do you think is this lucky person?" She asked completely silencing both of her brothers, well Jiang Cheng to be exact.

"Umm...I think it's Nie Huaisang..?" Wei Ying replied but it came out more of a question than a solid answer "Are you even sure Lan Wangji is attracted to.." Jin Zixuan trailed off not daring to say the word.

"Well peacock he did say it can be anyone and to add it up he said that this person likes to draw and he also said that I know who this person is" Wei Ying answered back, emphasizing the word peacock. Not caring that Jin Zixuan is glaring at him for the nickname he just used.

Jiang Cheng on the other hand has been silent.

Yesterday Nie Huaisang was acting differently around him and he even got in time for class, and Wei Wuxian said this person likes to draw and out of there group only two people seemed to enjoy art and those two are his brother and Nie Huaisang himself.

And to piece it up together...

Holy shit.

"Jiang Cheng?" Wei Ying asked snapping Jiang Cheng back to reality only for him to realize he said that out loud he sighs as he looked back at Wei Ying with a sour look and spoke "I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I... think you're right".

"Eh really?"

"You're really buying the things he just said?" Jin Zixuan asked "Shut up, I'm still trying to process everything" Jiang Cheng snapped at the older man who glared at him in return.

"Listen, yesterday he uhh catched up for history class and he was acting odd"

"What kind of odd?"

"He was so quiet that he even bolted out of class not caring to ask me to take notes"

"That is odd"

"Did you followed him tho?" Wei Ying quickly added.

"Why the Hell would I do that?"

Wei Ying looked thoughtfully at Jiang Cheng who only scoffed and continued to peacefully eat his breakfast while both Yanli and Zixuan only stayed in stunned silent at what they just heard.

( time skip )

After breakfast both Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying bid there farewells to there sister (Jin Zixuan isn't someone they're really fond of so there's sadly no goodbyes for him) and left off for school.

If you think that walking there way to Gusu Lan Academy was silent would be an understatement, Wei Ying kept asking Jiang Cheng about Nie Huaisang and other bullshit that connects to the latter.

"Can you just stop it?" Jiang Cheng muttered in irritation.

"But Jiang Cheng can't you believe it?! We need to find proof!" Wei Ying pouted.

Jiang Cheng groaned inwardly and finally gave in to all of Wei Ying's pleas "And how are you gonna find this so called 'proof'?" he air quoted the word proof at the same time.

Wei Ying gave Jiang Cheng a grin and answered.

"Easy, we try to spy on them"

"That's like stalking them!"

"Details Jiang Cheng, Details!"

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"It's not stalking if you're friends with them and your only goal is to find out if they are in a relationship or not" Wei Ying explained matter of factly which isn't really informative or helpful at all.

"And we have to divide them, alright? I stick with Lan Zhan while you try to spy on Nie-Xiong" Wei Ying added.

And it didn't even take that long for the both of them to reach the Academy and Jiang Cheng doesn't even know how to react with all of this information, is it even worth it?